Hello,

I bought an unlocked Sprint KEYone, BBB100-3 (that hasn't arrived yet). I currently use a Sprint Q10 on Twigby. The KEYone I bought is unlocked for GSM bands, but then I noticed it said it wouldn't work on CDMA bands. I wrote the seller and asked and was told it wouldn't work on CDMA/Sprint.

Does anybody know if (or why) unlocking the GSM bands on the Sprint CDMA KEYone would kill the CDMA bands? Or is it possible that the seller meant that Sprint wouldn't heat it up anymore? Sorry, I'm just guessing -- the seller got tired of answering my questions.

I liked the idea of having GSM options, but I also like the service Twigby provides and intended to continue using that Sprint MVNO.

If it does somehow kill the CDMA bands, is there any way to bring them back?

Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    10-16-19 01:12 PM
    Hello,

I bought an unlocked Sprint KEYone, BBB100-3 (that hasn't arrived yet). I currently use a Sprint Q10 on Twigby. The KEYone I bought is unlocked for GSM bands, but then I noticed it said it wouldn't work on CDMA bands. I wrote the seller and asked and was told it wouldn't work on CDMA/Sprint.

Does anybody know if (or why) unlocking the GSM bands on the Sprint CDMA KEYone would kill the CDMA bands? Or is it possible that the seller meant that Sprint wouldn't heat it up anymore? Sorry, I'm just guessing -- the seller got tired of answering my questions.

I liked the idea of having GSM options, but I also like the service Twigby provides and intended to continue using that Sprint MVNO.

If it does somehow kill the CDMA bands, is there any way to bring them back?

Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    The BBB100-3 does not need to be unlocked to get the GSM bands - only to use outside of Sprint (and Sprint's roaming).
    10-16-19 02:36 PM
    Some have had issues getting Sprint to active a used Sprint CDMA KEYone....

Let us know how it goes for you.
    10-16-19 02:37 PM
    Thanks. That's more promising than the what I getting from the seller. Maybe he was just trying to CHA in case I had problems? I've got a cheap "good2GO" (AT&T MVNO phone) that I have to use at work. (No Sprint or Verizon coverage -- Twigby is a Sprint MVNO that rolls to Verizon.) Thanks again, I'll let you know what I find out. The unlocked Sprint KEYone phones he sells are supposed to be "Like New", for $110. If it works, I think that's a good price.
    10-16-19 02:56 PM
    The unlocked Sprint KEYone arrived in great condition, as advertised. Had no problem with a good2GO sim card. That took right off. Checked the MEID with several Sprint MVNOs (including Twigby) and they all wanted to heat it up. So I tried Sprint's "Bring It" and they wanted to set me up too. Now I've got too many choices . I don't think it would have any problem with T-Mobile and their MVNOs. Verizon, I'm guessing might be iffy. I really like the keyboard on this phone. Thanks.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-19-19 12:05 AM