I am removing google from my life and have already had success with my Key2 LE by disabling all google apps, using safer browsers like Duckduckgo and Firefox. I have been able to sideload APK fils for apps like Words With Friends and Pocast Addict, but now I am unable to get new APK downloads to open.

I have tried to download and install APKs for Fdroid, and SMS Backup but to no avail. The files appear in my "downloads" folder but are greyed out and will not open.

When I read peoples' descriptions of how to enable files from unknown sources, their descriptions of how to navigate security settings, never resemble my security menu.

Can somebody please help in a way that does not involve using Chrome?
    05-22-19 01:52 PM
    I have tried to download and install APKs for Fdroid, and SMS Backup but to no avail. The files appear in my "downloads" folder but are greyed out and will not open.
    How are you downloading them?

When I read peoples' descriptions of how to enable files from unknown sources, their descriptions of how to navigate security settings, never resemble my security menu.
    That's becasue the settings have changed to a per app basis. Eg: If you download the APK using Chrome, you have to give Chrome permission to install apps from outside sources, which is why how you're downloading them is important.
    05-22-19 02:37 PM