Since the time I had purchased the curve 9300 3G phone, i was able to download and use whatsapp perfectly.

Recently, I re-installed the OS 6 Software through the BB Desktop Software. After installation, I re-installed all the apps from BB World, including whatsapp. However, when I clicked the Whatsapp Icon on my screen, it says ""Switch to a supported Phone. Unfortunately, WhatsApp no longer supports this phone. Please switch to a supported phone."

Its not Dec 2016 yet and all my important business conversations and other data have been erased.

What do I do? I tried deleting and reinstalling Whatsapp from beta.whatsapp.com but again I got the same above message.

Its worse than a cardiac arrest...

Help Help
    08-14-16 10:45 AM
    Whatsapp is not going to support non android BlackBerry device after 31st December of this year. Unfortunately you are struck earlier.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 11:03 AM
    That's tragic

I wish I hadn't re-installed the software. But at this stage can somebody provide me a link to download the older version (if there is one available).
    Q 2. If I purchase the Q10, will it be whatsapp friendly even after December 31st?
    08-14-16 11:09 AM
    Answer 1: you can use autoloader of your choice and install with your PC. Consult to Google just by typing 'autoloader device name'.
    Answer 2: Q10 being a BB10 device is on the list of device not going to be supported. It does have android runtime that will enable you to install android apps and the android version of whatsapp on it, but the version of Android runtime on BB10 is android 4.3. You will have to consider the risk. I'll advice you to make a purchase of BlackBerry priv or BlackBerry DTEK50. BlackBerry DTEK50 is the newest arrival and friendly with your locket.
    See your needs and jump the ship.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 11:23 AM
    That's tragic

I wish I hadn't re-installed the software. But at this stage can somebody provide me a link to download the older version (if there is one available).
    Q 2. If I purchase the Q10, will it be whatsapp friendly even after December 31st?
    By the way, don't cry, don't let these things hurt you emotionally. Have an ice cream. Cheers!!!

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    08-14-16 11:25 AM