Hi guys. I got by BlackBerry Key 2 two weeks ago. One thing though is really annoying me. Im unable to download media ( photos, videos) on whatsapp using mobile data. There is however no issue at all when using Wi-Fi. Also noted that late at night, i'm able to download using my data. All my other apps are ok and and my browsing speeds are all ok. Just the whatsapp issue! Anyone experiencing anything similar and what can I do to sort it out. Thanks.
    04-03-20 08:02 AM
    Hi guys. I got by BlackBerry Key 2 two weeks ago. One thing though is really annoying me. Im unable to download media ( photos, videos) on whatsapp using mobile data. There is however no issue at all when using Wi-Fi. Also noted that late at night, i'm able to download using my data. All my other apps are ok and and my browsing speeds are all ok. Just the whatsapp issue! Anyone experiencing anything similar and what can I do to sort it out. Thanks.
    Did you check your WhatsApp data settings?
    04-03-20 11:03 AM
    Yes I did. Checked and rechecked several times and the set up looks exactly like that. I even installed and uninstalled WhatsApp several times. I even followed some tips from quora that suggested force stop the app and clear both cache and data. This didn't work.

Weirdly, the app works well late at night. Ive called the network operator several times and I've confirmed my network settings are good. This I can confirm coz my browser works well (fast download speeds) and so do all other apps.

It is a WhatsApp specific issue with the key2.
    04-03-20 12:41 PM
    Yes I did. Checked and rechecked several times and the set up looks exactly like that. I even installed and uninstalled WhatsApp several times. I even followed some tips from quora that suggested force stop the app and clear both cache and data. This didn't work.

Weirdly, the app works well late at night. Ive called the network operator several times and I've confirmed my network settings are good. This I can confirm coz my browser works well (fast download speeds) and so do all other apps.

No issue with the KEY². Maybe your network is throttling.
    04-03-20 01:07 PM

Click on mobile data "Photos" pop up four choice selector. Check the "Audio"
    04-03-20 01:12 PM
    Is that even possible? How would they go about it? I even replaced my SIM card yet it wasn't necessary as the prior one was 4G.
    Plus remember, all other apps work fine. I'm even running Bloomberg professional and there's no latency and on it.
    04-03-20 03:35 PM
    Click on mobile data "Photos" pop up four choice selector. Check the "Audio"
    I've attached the image. Under WhatsApp settings, I've enabled auto download both photos and audio. Still no change.
    Attached Thumbnails Unable to download media on whatsapp using my mobile data-notable-00003.jpg  
    04-03-20 03:54 PM
    I've attached the image. Under WhatsApp settings, I've enabled auto download both photos and audio. Still no change.
    Back up your chats, uninstall WhatsApp, do a 32 second reboot. Reinstall WhatsApp, log in, then do another 32 second reboot just for fun.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-20 04:49 PM