Hello all. I'm thinking of buying a BlackBerry Priv and need to know if it can support two-way call recording apps like Boldbeast and ACR. I had a Nexus 5 and there was some kind of software block that required rooting to record both sides of a call. Otherwise I just got my voice.

I know I can't root the Priv so this is a make or break issue. I absolutely NEED two-way cal recording for my job (I'm a journalist). Also, I live in Canada, where this is legal.
    06-13-17 01:25 AM
    ACR works on Priv for two-way or did the last time I used it.
    06-13-17 03:41 AM
    I use boldbeast on ny priv and it works as stated 😀
    06-13-17 06:37 AM
    I, too, need two-way call recording on the Priv. It's vital for my business. I would rather pay good money for the most reliable app. I've tried a couple after considerable research and still get let down (I was using Call Recorder by skvalex and it just failed to record a critical long call yesterday).

I need:
    - ability to manually turn record mode on or off during a call
    - ability to seamlessly switch from handset to Bluetooth to speaker during a call
    - good audio quality

And I need the most reliable product I can get.

(The ability to sometimes record just my side would be an added bonus, but isn't necessary. It's one of the things that drew me to the skvalex product, which was feature-rich and had good support but it's useless if it's unreliable.)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    07-01-17 06:09 AM
    I did use Automatic Call Recorder by Appliqato (paid version) for a while and it is a good app, and I had little if any issues. I wanted the ability to choose when to record on the fly and even to sometimes record just my side and that's why I went to Call Recorder by skvalex, which worked great "most" of the time, I must say -- though unfortunately now it seems it's been removed from the Play Store as of a few months ago and may never return: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=72082928

Now I discovered "ACR" as a result of this thread (man, these names are confusing with all the similar names and the volume of apps). I assume what has been mentioned in this thread as ACR is this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=com.nll.acr I'll try it out. It's got a lot of users! And, oh, cool -- the paid version does allow starting to record on the fly during a conversation!

(And it turns out recording just my side is easy with Easy Voice Recorder Pro by Digipom, which is very highly retated and has worked fine for me all along though I only just now tried it for this purpose -- and I can even invoke it on the fly, and even make a few comment notes by voice after the call ends before I stop recording -- and it worked fine switching during a call from phone to speakerphone to Bluetooth.)
    Heavens1 likes this.
    07-02-17 02:23 AM