I have two devices that I use interchangeably. The one with a SIM card, the other just for surfing so I switch BBM a lot. Is it possible to get a new PIN and a new BBID for my second device?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 10:57 AM
    Yes, you can set up as many bbid as you want, with different emails, and set up a new BBM with a custom pin.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 11:00 AM
    Do I have to delete BBM from my device and reinstall it using another email account?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 11:04 AM
    No you don't have to, but your new BBM will not have the contacts you would have to add them again, or alternatively you can sign in with the same BBM ID and you will switch devices, and your contacts will sync to new device, but not the chat history, they will remain on your original device.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 11:10 AM
    I have two devices that I use interchangeably. The one with a SIM card, the other just for surfing so I switch BBM a lot. Is it possible to get a new PIN and a new BBID for my second device?
    Your second device already has a different PIN. If you don't want to be switching a lot, I recommend you sign up for a second BBID on one of the phones and invite all of your contacts so that they know you have two BBIDs. And try using the group chat feature so that you can pick up on the second device where you left off on the first (so if someone BBMs you on phone#1, make it a group chat by inviting your phone#2 and vice-versa, if/as applicable.)

But keep in mind, if both your devices are BB phones, then using a new BBID will make unavailable to you any apps you may have downloaded with the previous BBID. Not a big deal with free apps, but you'd have to re-purchase paid apps again.
    09-11-15 11:19 AM
    Hello again! I did create another BlackBerry ID but I am not sure how to create another BBM account for my second phone. I should say hi both of my phones are Z10. When I open BBM on my secondary phone (the one that doesn't hold a SIM card) it gives me two options. To either switch BBM (because it says that the bbid is connected with BBM on another phone, or exit. No option available for creating a new BBM account.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 02:26 AM
    Hello again! I did create another BlackBerry ID but I am not sure how to create another BBM account for my second phone. I should say hi both of my phones are Z10. When I open BBM on my secondary phone (the one that doesn't hold a SIM card) it gives me two options. To either switch BBM (because it says that the bbid is connected with BBM on another phone, or exit. No option available for creating a new BBM account.

Posted via CB10
    Seems strange, where did you create the new BBID, on the new phone, and are you sure that you have not used this ID before, cause when you sign in with a new BBID, and open BBM, you don't need to set up an account on BBM, the app takes the pin directly from that device.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-15 04:14 AM