I'm just looking for some general input on my next buying decision from current phone users. I'll try to be as detailed as possible.

I have the itch to try out a new phone. Currently using an iPhone 6s Plus, my last "daily driver" experience with Android was on a Samsung Note 2... quite a while back.

I like the iPhone, but have heard great things about Android lately.

I've used and liked BB10 phones before, owning a Z30 then a Passport for about a year each. But those are off the table as I need the latest versions of a few apps for work purposes and I like larger screens.

I was a big fan of the BlackBerry Hub. I like a physical keyboard, but it's not an absolute must for me.

Honestly, I think my ideal phone would be a 6-inch version of the Z30 running Android with BB Launcher and Hub.

Right now I'm going back and forth between these...

> KEYONE - pro the design, latest version of android / con is slightly lesser specs and highest price

> DTEK60 - pro 5.5 screen, current flagship specs for $100 less than keyone / con is design, looks slippery and not very "blackberry"

> PRIV - pro the design, the glass-weave material, i like sliders, 5.4 screen, cheapest of bb androids / con is outdated specs and build quality issues on some videos i've seen

> MY WILDCARD: Sony XA Ultra (a 6 inch screen, mid-range Android phone) running the BlackBerry launcher, which I am told is available on all Android phones now? Cost is similar to a PRIV and I like the huge screen.

Any experienced thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is buying a PRIV in 2017 dumb?

Is there a case that could make the DTEK 60 look and feel like a Z30?
    05-06-17 12:49 AM
    Buying a Priv is no longer an option if you're in the US and prefer to buy from ShopBlackberry.
    They have a 'May Sale' on ShopBlackberry now with the DTEK50 for $230 and the DTEK60 for double that price.
    05-06-17 02:53 AM
    I'll probably be buying the device from Amazon or another online retailer. I wish I could handle a DTEK60 in person, but haven't found a store carrying one.
    05-06-17 10:57 AM
    Is buying a PRIV in 2017 dumb?
    There are still people who buy them, no reason for it to be dumb:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...owner-1107380/

At 280$ I'd say it's a no-brainer if you want to give something different a try. My wife went from an iPhone 6 to the Priv a few months ago and she loves it.
    05-06-17 12:48 PM
    There are still people who buy them, no reason for it to be dumb:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...owner-1107380/

At 280$ I'd say it's a no-brainer if you want to give something different a try. My wife went from an iPhone 6 to the Priv a few months ago and she loves it.
    I second that, Priv got so ridiculously cheap it's unbelievable. I used a Priv myself and the device worked quite well for me except the heating problems when playing games. I sold mine and went back to my pp because I realised that I didn't use apps which bb10 did not offer (paired with work around apks ofc) and I really miss the screen ratio for reading documents, mails etc.
    With the Priv you get the best from both worlds though I rather believe that you're going to use the vkb a lot more) I'd say, go for it, you won't regret it.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 12:54 PM
    With the Priv you get the best from both worlds though I rather believe that you're going to use the vkb a lot more)
    Why would you think that? Both of the Priv owners in my house type over 98% on the PKB. Having the entire 5.4" screen available while typing is just wonderful.
    05-06-17 01:27 PM
    I just met the KEYone the other night at a CB meetup...Keyone or bust
    Omg, so sectsee! So premium so unique
    05-07-17 09:50 AM