After researching the Blackberry Classic, I thought I was getting a phone that would run Candy Crush. Now I know the end of the world has not occurred because of this, but it is a game I still play after all these years. So I got the SQC100-4 running 10.3.3.2129 and installed Candy Crush from Amazon Appstore. It ran for a few seconds and then gave me the screen "Some apps that you download on your Blackberry device might support touchscreen navigation only" before it self-closed. Then I tried to manually install the game by downloading the APK, but the same thing happened.

Does anyone know if/how I can fix this? Thank a ton.

ciresmis
    09-30-19 03:21 AM
    After researching the Blackberry Classic, I thought I was getting a phone that would run Candy Crush. Now I know the end of the world has not occurred because of this, but it is a game I still play after all these years. So I got the SQC100-4 running 10.3.3.2129 and installed Candy Crush from Amazon Appstore. It ran for a few seconds and then gave me the screen "Some apps that you download on your Blackberry device might support touchscreen navigation only" before it self-closed. Then I tried to manually install the game by downloading the APK, but the same thing happened.

Does anyone know if/how I can fix this? Thank a ton.

ciresmis
    It works on my Z30, but I use the term loosely - as it's a pig of a app on a poor old BB10 device.

Try zooming out completely out your Classic.
    Last edited by conite; 09-30-19 at 07:35 AM.
    09-30-19 06:16 AM
    I only have maybe a second before it self-closes after opening. Unless the zooming is something other than using my fingers on the screen to zoom out, there is not enough time to do it.
    09-30-19 05:14 PM
    I only have maybe a second before it self-closes after opening. Unless the zooming is something other than using my fingers on the screen to zoom out, there is not enough time to do it.
    It's swiping down from the top of the screen and choosing the various screen zoom options. This is available with all Android apps.

You can perform the gesture immediately upon launching the app.
    09-30-19 05:44 PM
    It's probably not what you want, but try one of the many knock offs on BlackBerry World. You can gauge how good the game is based on ratings.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    09-30-19 06:07 PM
    Just FYI ... I was able to run it but it ran slowly on all my BB10 devices (z10, z30, and passport). However, please note that you can only go so far on the BlackBerry devices. I finished all the levels I could but at some point I think it wouldn't let me update the app past a certain point (I assume it is because of the runtime version, but I could be wrong). Perhaps it was just the amazon appstore blocking me. In any case, for my situation, I was never able to go past that level on those devices.

I am still playing with the same account, but have a Key2 and Samsung device that allows me to play and update each week.

Hope that helps
    09-30-19 06:32 PM
    Just FYI ... I was able to run it but it ran slowly on all my BB10 devices (z10, z30, and passport). However, please note that you can only go so far on the BlackBerry devices. I finished all the levels I could but at some point I think it wouldn't let me update the app past a certain point (I assume it is because of the runtime version, but I could be wrong). Perhaps it was just the amazon appstore blocking me. In any case, for my situation, I was never able to go past that level on those devices.

I am still playing with the same account, but have a Key2 and Samsung device that allows me to play and update each week.

Hope that helps
    The latest version still works. Use Yalp to make sure you get it from Play Store instead of the Amazon wasteland.

https://f-droid.org/repo/com.github....lpstore_46.apk
    09-30-19 06:50 PM
    Hey ciresmis,

Let me test this and see if I can't get it going for you. Android games are a little touch and go but there are usually ways.
    10-01-19 08:25 PM
    Update: I was able to get an older version of this app working for you. Download here:

https://mega.nz/#!9tYnWISL!JWyHDkEd_...Zb9R5GANXfvTUU

Let me know if you have any trouble but you should be set! (The toolbelt buttons on the Classic indeed do not work but you can play the game via touchscreen with no trouble. It takes a while to load but should run fine.)
    10-01-19 09:13 PM
    Wow. These are some great responses. Need some time to investigate them all. Thanks for the help. This is way cool.
    10-02-19 05:44 PM
    I did manage to get this running on my phone. Thank you so much. Being an older game, if I let it update will that be a disaster? This version will not allow me to resume where I left off (unless I use Facebook - which I don't). Other than this, it appears to run just fine.
    10-02-19 05:48 PM
    I did get Yalp installed, but then I ran out of time to keep going. I will though. Thanks for doing this.
    10-02-19 05:49 PM
    I did manage to get this running on my phone. Thank you so much. Being an older game, if I let it update will that be a disaster? This version will not allow me to resume where I left off (unless I use Facebook - which I don't). Other than this, it appears to run just fine.
    Hmmm....you could try updating but I'd back up your app data first just in case. That way you can restore it to the older version. Use Sachesi or Darcy's Blackberry Tools for this if Link is not working for you.
    10-07-19 04:34 PM
    I did get Yalp installed, but then I ran out of time to keep going. I will though. Thanks for doing this.
    I would strongly recommend avoiding Yalp when it comes to Android games, and you will also usually find that it will not display the older compatible versions of apps.
    10-07-19 04:34 PM
    I would strongly recommend avoiding Yalp when it comes to Android games, and you will also usually find that it will not display the older compatible versions of apps.
    I'd always start with sanctioned apps before moving on to scrounging for deprecated apps.
    10-07-19 04:57 PM
    Seriously?????? Running Android games on ANY BB10 hardware seems contradiction of terms on so many levels.

It’s like having me be the on call guy for the IT help desk queue for ANY company
    10-07-19 05:10 PM
    Seriously?????? Running Android games on ANY BB10 hardware seems contradiction of terms on so many levels.

It’s like having me be the on call guy for the IT help desk queue for ANY company
    "Plug it in", and "reboot device" handles 90% of 1st tier support issues.
    10-07-19 05:21 PM
    I'd always start with sanctioned apps before moving on to scrounging for deprecated apps.
    Except when "sanctioned" apps are usually incompatible. No "scrounging" required; just go and locate the compatible versions.
    10-07-19 05:34 PM

Ah, but if the users want it, we should help them.

Although if you are the on call IT guy......maybe we can get you some basic training....
    10-07-19 05:35 PM
    ...compatible versions.
    Deprecated versions.
    10-07-19 05:43 PM
    Deprecated versions.
    Compatible versions.
    10-07-19 05:49 PM
    Deprecated versions.
    Deprecated is akin to EOL. If an app works, it works until it won't.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-19 06:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sure, but the developer has replaced it either for security reasons, capability/feature reasons, or likely both.
    10-07-19 06:49 PM
    Sure, but TT's use of "compatible" is perfectly acceptable, given that we're talking about compatible with the BB10 ART (which itself is outdated).

Posted via CB10
    10-07-19 07:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    But doesn’t that depend on which device too? I mean the Q5 and Z3 weren’t really able to run anything that wasn’t native when I tried last week. Totally different story on Passport obviously.
    10-07-19 07:32 PM
27 12