Hello Crackberry addicts, I am all but firmly committed to transition from my z10 as my primary cellular device to a Q10.

I started working in an environment where stainless steel particles and other hazards could cause serious damage to my cellphone.
    thanks to crackberry kevin's article ( see: BlackBerry Z10 earpiece speaker broken from metal dust particles | CrackBerry.com ) I have decided it is best to get a q10 as my primary cellphone and keep my z10 as a movie/game device. I need help making the transition and want some feedback and answers on how to best make the transition. I'm not looking to move everything from my z10 to a Q10 just shift and share a few.

Device transition:
    1. Can I use the same blackberry ID? what about amazon login?
    2. can I use bbm on both?
    3. will my contacts/calendars synch?
    4. if I previously purchased an app on my z10 can I install it on the q10?
    5. I have several movies purchased from blackberry world, if i ever wanted to download them to my q10 how can I do it from blackberry world?
    6. will having the same emails, blackberry, amazon social media accounts set up cause lags or anything I should be aware of or expect?

I don't like surprises much if there are any tips you know would help with my transition please let me know.

what are the differences between the two devices in the following areas:

7. How do screen visibility compare on viewing angles & readability outdoors & brightness?
    8. does it heat up as much or easily with prolonged or heavy use?
    9. bluetooth: compatibility with devices and signal strength

what accessories are best for the q10?
    11. case recommendation: thickness, utility, grip, visual
    12. screen protectors recommendation: utility, clarity, protection, how smooth/ frictious
    13. I own a z10 battery charger bundle, can I plug it in to a Q10 and charge it?
    14. Miracast use vs hdmi connection to view apps and video

Finally, I was hoping to use my z10 to listen to music while at work.
    15. Which case provides the best protection from stainless steel particles entering the devices ports and speaker?

16. I am also seeking a bluetooth headdset that would hold up comfortably to 10 hours of use in the same conditions or a pair of headphones.

17. Can I just swap sd cards? or will that cause complications
    18. If i get a new sim card from a new provider will that complicate the transition?
    19. do the white and black q10's have the same feel/grip? are they the same material?

Thanks for taking your time to read this dense question filled post. I will greatly appreciate all helpfully detailed answers, feedback and tips.
    09-03-14 10:12 PM
    Hello Crackberry addicts, I am all but firmly committed to transition from my z10 as my primary cellular device to a Q10.

transitioning from Z10 to Q10-56199-doctor-who-9-hello-gif-ydyk.gif

I started working in an environment where stainless steel particles and other hazards could cause serious damage to my cellphone.
    thanks to crackberry kevin's article ( see: BlackBerry Z10 earpiece speaker broken from metal dust particles | CrackBerry.com ) I have decided it is best to get a q10 as my primary cellphone and keep my z10 as a movie/game device. I need help making the transition and want some feedback and answers on how to best make the transition. I'm not looking to move everything from my z10 to a Q10 just shift and share a few.

Device transition:

Most certainly.

Yes, but on the same ID, you will only be able to activate BBM on one device at a time.

If they are already syncing somewhere, just add the accounts to the Q10.

Same BBID, remember?

5. I have several movies purchased from blackberry world, if i ever wanted to download them to my q10 how can I do it from blackberry world?

What was that I said about BBIDs?...

6. will having the same emails, blackberry, amazon social media accounts set up cause lags or anything I should be aware of or expect?

No issues should come out of that.

I don't like surprises much if there are any tips you know would help with my transition please let me know. What are the differences between the two devices in the following areas:

7. How do screen visibility compare on viewing angles & readability outdoors & brightness?

Q10 is Super AMOLED while the Z10 is LED. LED is usually brighter. That said, in two days, you won't really feel the difference.

All phones do that. Overtax the processor/GPU and you'll get heat.

Same as Z10 if not better. Rule of thumb: If you use it with the Z10, you'll use it with the Q10.

OEMs as they has the sleeper magnet. OtterBox or Incipio if you need extra protection.

12. screen protectors recommendation: utility, clarity, protection, how smooth/ frictious

I go for Skinomi. Have been using them since the 8520. Scratch resistant and should keep your skill in cleaner than usual.

13. I own a z10 battery charger bundle, can I plug it in to a Q10 and charge it?

Can birds fly? It's a battery and a USB port. Enjoy the beauty of standards.

One uses cable. The other does not. You'll need a dongle or a proper router for Miracast,and be able to walk around, or just a HDMI cable and be restricted to how long it can reach if you need to move. Else, they behave the same way.

15. Which case provides the best protection from stainless steel particles entering the devices ports and speaker?

Maybe... water proof case coupled with bluetooth speakers?

16. I am also seeking a bluetooth headdset that would hold up comfortably to 10 hours of use in the same conditions or a pair of headphones.

Heh. Guess I wasn't far off on my last reply! Can't help though, browse the CB Store, you'll probably find something!

What was it I said about standards?..

18. If i get a new sim card from a new provider will that complicate the transition?

No, the SIM holds little importance on BlackBerry 10. Just make sure you get a data plan if it's a new line.

19. do the white and black q10's have the same feel/grip? are they the same material?

Nooo idea. :/

Thanks for taking your time to read this dense question filled post. I will greatly appreciate all helpfully detailed answers, feedback and tips.

Come back i you have more questions. Surely somebody will answer the ones I didn't get, and they may have better answers for the ones I did even.
    So many questions!!!
    crackberryspqr likes this.
    09-03-14 10:58 PM

Device transition:

I don't like surprises much if there are any tips you know would help with my transition please let me know.

No you can't use the same BlackBerry ID for BBM. I suppose you can do that on the blackberry world. You will be able to install all the paid applications you've purchased on the Q10 provided you are using the same BB ID. Your contacts and calender will sync, I don't see why they won't. Use link. I don't think any lag will occur because you using your accounts on both the devices together. I've never had a heating issue with the Q10. It's just as compatible with devices as the Z10 is. No idea about Case and Screen Protection as never used one on the Q10. You can swap sd cards if you like. Won't create any complications. Isn't supposed to anyways. Getting a new sim won't do any harm or cause you any trouble. The black Q10 has a better grip and both the black and white are made of different materials. I personally go for all black models since they grip and feel better in hand. Hope I helped.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 11:11 PM
    No you can't use the same BlackBerry ID for BBM. I suppose you can do that on the blackberry world.
    Sorry, this bit is not true. One device at a time, not both at the same time, but same BBID is totally possible.
    09-03-14 11:28 PM

Device transition:

I switched from Z to Q.

1. Yes and yes. BBID will log you off the Z though, but you'll be able to download your apps back. Even ones that were free on promo!

2. No. BBID will log you off the Z.

3. Yes, your contacts and calendar will sync, given that you set up the same EAS/DAV, or Outlook synchronisation from your desk.

4. Yes. It will download fine. Some apps aren't yet "adapted" to the square screen though so it might not download. You can probably do a backup/restore instead. That's what I did when I made the switch.

5. I've never downloaded films from BlackBerry World but it should download just fine. I hope. You can probably just do a backup/restore anyhow.

6. No. Actually, you'll notice that they run faster! Idk why but that's my experience.

7. Screen visibility is fine in my experience inside and out, but I would say staring at the Q too long hurts my eyes. I often have to blink a bit to feel better. I have a screen protector though so idk.

8. No. That was a problem I had with the Z though. Putting a case solved it, but I don't have that problem with my Q10. Perhaps if you run a radio intensive app long enough, you might make it too hot.

9. Bluetooth works great! I didn't know I was connected to my Creative speaker rooms away in the house just yesterday!

10. I love my Case Mate Tough. It doesn't lose shape and feels good in my hands, whilst protecting my BlackBerry. It is super slim! But it doesn't cover the ports. I had an Otterbox Commuter (two actually, one with my University's logo) and the inside silicone lost shape by the port covers for micro USB and micro HDMI. Very annoying. I also had an Otterbox Defender (on sale for $5.00 at AT&T at the time) and the bottom lip started losing shape, but when I go hiking, I still take it and it definitely "defends" your Q10 from the elements and even holster locks your device when holstered, thus saving battery life. I don't use any other Q10 specific accessories.

11. See 10.

12. I'm using some cheap thing I got off Amazon. It looks very "Chinese-made" but works perfectly. It applied pretty quickly, leaving no bubbles. I highly recommend it. $5.95 for 6 sheets! http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HR6...UvbUpU10797237

13. Yes but I don't recommend it. The Q10 battery is much larger than the Z10. I recommend one that charges 2.1A and has at least 4000 mAh capacity. Search Amazon?

14. Works well. The square makes apps look very letter-boxed but I've presented with BlackBerry Express or watched videos on it and it came out as 16:9 when you go to the casting options. Works great! But yeah, Android Apps, probably not.

15. Probably Otterbox Defender, for sure.

16. Yeah idk. Haha I can't stand wearing those for longer than 2. Haha I own one that looks like a huge beats headphones set by iLive but I don't wear that for too long. Also it doesn't do well with calls. Sounds good for music though.

17. Yes. It will work just fine. If it's encrypted, you will need to decrypt it from your Z10 first before putting it into the Q.

18. No. Actually, it will even update the phone to that service provider's logo and stuff, if they sell BB10. You won't even need to change the settings! Except if you get T-Mobile USA and your OS is post-10.2.1, which apparently has been removed completely, then carrier branding supposedly goes away now in 10.3. Idk for sure though. Anyway, just remember that if the LTE bands are not compatible to the new carrier's network, you'll probably only get HSPA+. AT&T currently works with Bands 2, 4, 5, and 17... mostly 17, with future plans to add support for band 12 and 13. T-Mobile works with bands 4 and 2, mostly 4, with future plans to add support for some 700 Mhz band but I forgot which one. 13 I think? So basically, AT&T and T-Mobile LTE are pretty much the same.

19. The Q10 feels way better imo. The back is soft and the keys are super tactile. The transition will sort of make it difficult for you in the beginning, but only the first five minutes haha. Suddenly you'll remember keys again!

You're welcome! Have fun with your Q10!

Posted via CB10
    diegonei and crackberryspqr like this.
    09-04-14 12:06 AM