Hi, sorry to bring up what is effectively prehistoric by modern terms...... I still own my Playbook BUT it's been a while since I put any new films onto it, so can anyone tell/remind me which methods can be used please? For example, can I transfer direct from dvd etc?
    Thanks
    08-29-20 05:15 AM
    Hi, sorry to bring up what is effectively prehistoric by modern terms...... I still own my Playbook BUT it's been a while since I put any new films onto it, so can anyone tell/remind me which methods can be used please? For example, can I transfer direct from dvd etc?
    Thanks
    The built-in player is pretty limited regarding codecs - not to mention the wrapper (file format).

I used to use KalemSoft, which provided far more compatibility, and you could stream content directly from your home network.

You'll have to experiment a bit.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    08-29-20 07:05 AM
    can I transfer direct from dvd etc?
    No - you will definitely have to convert a DVD into a video/audio format such as .avi or .mp4, .mkv etc. These are the supported media for the native player: https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...a_support.html

I used to use a converting software (can't remember which one, however) to create one of the above, then transfer from my PC to the PlayBook via usb . There are several programs if you do a search. May have been Avidemux.

As conite mentioned, Kalemsoft (an app still available for PlayBook but not free) was the media player that was best for nearly any type of file.
    08-29-20 09:50 AM