I have for many years used Bold 9780. My network has confirmed that their support for BIS is ending. I have therefore bought a KEY2LE.

From reading the threads on the site it does not appear possible to transfer the data (SMS, calender, contacts, phone log etc) to the KEY2LE directly from the Bold as the KEY2LE does not use either Blackberry Link or Blackberry Desktop Manager.

It appears to be possible, but I may have misunderstood the threads, that it is possible to transfer the data from a Bold (V6.0) to a Classic (BB10) and then possibly from the Classic to the KEY2LE. Is that correct? If so, what is the best software to use; is it Device Switch or Blackberry Link or Content Transfer?

I think I need to use Devise Switch/Link to go from Bold to Classic (I am in the process of acquiring one of these explicitly for this purpose) and then Content Transfer from Classic to KEY2LE.

Are there any vidoes/tutorials/threads available which show the two step process.

If there are any limitaions to the transferring of data can members outline these restricitons i.e. it will not transfe SMS/call logs etc.
    11-18-19 09:28 AM
    BlackBerry Content Transfer - look for it in BlackBerry World
    11-19-19 08:09 AM
    Thank you. I have successfully transferred everything from the Bold to the Classic. However, when I use Content Transfer to transfer data from Classic to KEY2LE everything comes across except the SMS messages even though it tells me that it is going to transfer them. I have tried this a couple of times with the SIM card in the Classic and then again with it in the KEY2LE but this does not make any difference. Are the SMS messages saved to the SIM card or am I doing something wrong?
    11-20-19 08:52 AM
    Thank you. I have successfully transferred everything from the Bold to the Classic. However, when I use Content Transfer to transfer data from Classic to KEY2LE everything comes across except the SMS messages even though it tells me that it is going to transfer them. I have tried this a couple of times with the SIM card in the Classic and then again with it in the KEY2LE but this does not make any difference. Are the SMS messages saved to the SIM card or am I doing something wrong?
    I've never used it... but I taught that the option was to save the data to an SD Card or Google Drive in the Cloud.... I'd do the cloud option.

But BBCT has been known to have issues with large databases... if you have SMS messages going back years and years... might look at some of the SMS specific backup options into an open format.
    11-20-19 09:24 AM
    Thank you. The emails do back a few years. When I used Content Transfer from the Classic to the KEY2LE I was not given the option to save to a SD card. I did opt not to use Google/Cloud but there was no SD card in the Classic when I did the transfer.

What third party software would you suggest. I would prefer to have this on a PC rather than in the Cloud.
    11-21-19 11:35 AM
    Thank you. The emails do back a few years. When I used Content Transfer from the Classic to the KEY2LE I was not given the option to save to a SD card. I did opt not to use Google/Cloud but there was no SD card in the Classic when I did the transfer.

What third party software would you suggest. I would prefer to have this on a PC rather than in the Cloud.
    I don't know of a PC option other than LINK and it won't work with KEY2.

If you don't want to use the cloud, you'll need an SD card.

As for other software... Ultimate Backup could save data in open formats that could be imported individual to other devices, but without the cloud you'd need an SD card.
    11-21-19 01:39 PM
    This is just an update on the above post.

I have over a number of weeks been in contact with both BlackberryMobile and Blackberry Ltd customer support regrding the issue I had.
    Unfortunately, neither company was able to help, each blaming the other's software for the failure of the SMS messages to transfe to the BBKEY2LE.
    This is utterly frusttrating and extremely bad service, in my opinion, but both companies have said nothing further can be done. They have also refused to provide me with the contact details for their respective MD/Product Development Director so I can raise my concerns with them.
    02-05-20 11:30 AM