trackpad freezes, I have tried to reboot it, press alt-del-spac bottons, took out sim and put back again but still not working.
    what do I have to do?
    07-19-14 01:26 PM
    If could be software of hardware.

If software, delete most recently installed apps or maybe perform a OS reload (link on signature).

If it's hardware... You'd have to replace the trackpad. Not exactly hard to do, but if you don't feel like risking, find a repair shop.
    07-19-14 01:37 PM
    Hi and welcome to CB. This is not uncommon on BB legacy devices. You need to search online for fixes, not just CB. My first BB a 9300 developed this problem in January last year and it was extremely annoying. I tried many fixes but all were temporary. It totally failed in september. I got a new 9720 after nearly leaving BB. The best fix I found is removing the battery and pressing down on the back of the trackpad. Hope something works for you. If not make sure you have a backup device you can use till you fix the trackpad. (I had to bring my Nokia 6230i out of retirement lol). If you are adventurous you can buy a new trackpad repair kit cheaply online and replace it yourself following YouTube videos. You can of course take it to a repair shop. I also looked into getting a second hand device but found those too expensive considering a new 9720 is so cheap. I hope you sort this out quickly without too much trouble because I know what a big pain it can be.
    07-19-14 04:55 PM
    Depending on what phone you have, I put a piece of folded paper behind the battery to keep pressure against the back of the trackpad. That was the solution that worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 06:44 PM