Hello,

My wife recently upgraded to the Keyone from her Classic. Since she still had work information on her Classic she had been keeping it in her work bag and periodically using it with wifi.

Last night our car was broken into and her work bag (including her BB Classic and wallet) was stolen. We have of course been trying to locate it with Blackberry Protect but the battery was dead and the SIM is in the new phone so they would need to connect to wifi to report the location.

Since she did not have a password on the device we flagged it as stolen but I now see that the act of doing that blocked us from viewing the location on Blackberry Protect.

Is there a way to get location viewing back in case the theif is stupid enough to connect it to their wifi?

Also, if there's any other ideas for how to track or get it back please let me know. There's a years worth of photos of our kids on the phone and my wife's entire wallet was in the bag too...

Thanks!
    Boyd
    06-06-17 12:05 PM
    The thief would also need to switch on Location/GPS for Protect to locate it...
    06-06-17 01:31 PM
    It was already on. They would just need to connect it to a network to have BB Protect report its gps coordinates.
    06-06-17 02:53 PM
    If would be amazing if you were able to backup and then wipe the device afterward as well, like with BBOS. I don't recall the backup feature working in BB10.
    06-06-17 03:53 PM