Hi All, sorry if this has already been addressed but I searched and couldn't find anything.

Long story short, I recently lost a dear friend and am trying to obtain our old text & email exchanges.

I used blackberries for several years and am still in possession of the last model I used (Curve from ~'08/09). It stopped working around 2010 (don't remember why) and I switched to the Galaxy line. The Curve still has the sd and old/large SIM which doesn't fit in newer phones.

For several years, my only personal email was [email protected]. It's my understanding that those emails 'lived' on the devices but wasn't sure and Tmobile said to contact Blackberry which I did and am trying here as well...

Is there anyway to retrieve/access those emails?

Would the texts be on the SIM?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    07-10-20 12:06 PM
    SIM would only have contacts that you had placed on it.... not texts.

SD card could have some data stored on it... documents, photos.

Only way it would have any email or text info is if you used an "app" to backup data to that location.

Does it do anything if you try to charge it or turn it on? If the data is really important, you could try a new battery/charger.

BlackBerry probably is your best hope...
    07-10-20 01:08 PM
    It's been in storage for years and the battery seems to have expanded in size. If I manually hold in place and connect charger, it'll sometimes briefly show the red light or flash the charger on the screen but neither lasts long. I'm ordering a new battery and am waiting to hear from Blackberry.

Thanks for your help!

Response from Blackberry: We regret to inform you that BlackBerry Legacy devices are now End-Of-Life and technical support is no longer availabe for them. BlackBerry hosted emails accounts are no longer supported as well.
    Last edited by CurveRetrieval; 07-10-20 at 05:59 PM.
    07-10-20 01:41 PM
    my Telus.BlackBerry.net still works. Granted it just forwards to my other email address. Very strange. I wonder when they will kill it. I havent been on BBOS for years, and I'm no longer a customer of Telus
    07-10-20 07:54 PM