Hey bblovers, i have been using the iphone 7 since its release date but im up for a change . I want to buy a used Passport but im not really sure what should i check when i meet the guy. I have experience in buying and selling phones but never dealt with a BB 10 device or any BB device for that matter.
    I heard about the blackberry diagnostic app from bb world but i was wondering about BBiD or anything like that(like Icloud)
    Thanks in advance !
    01-14-17 12:36 PM
    Hey bblovers, i have been using the iphone 7 since its release date but im up for a change . I want to buy a used Passport but im not really sure what should i check when i meet the guy. I have experience in buying and selling phones but never dealt with a BB 10 device or any BB device for that matter.
    I heard about the blackberry diagnostic app from bb world but i was wondering about BBiD or anything like that(like Icloud)
    Thanks in advance !
    Make sure it's not blacklisted anywhere and above all else make sure there's no BBID attached to it or being blacklisted won't matter, it'll be absolutely useless.
    01-14-17 01:14 PM
    Thanks in advance !
    BlackBerry World is nothing like the iCloud. You will be highly disappointing if you are comparing the two.
    01-14-17 01:39 PM
    BlackBerry World is nothing like the iCloud. You will be highly disappointing if you are comparing the two.
    Just to be clear, the question isn't pertaining to BBW itself but to any device protection that would prevent the device being used.
    01-14-17 01:42 PM
    Just to be clear, the question isn't pertaining to BBW itself but to any device protection that would prevent the device being used.
    That is exactly what i was refeering to! Posible after factory reset device protection that i need to worry about.Also, the BB hardware check support app from Bbworld i guess is great for quick cheking things
    01-14-17 02:10 PM
    That is exactly what i was refeering to! Posible after factory reset device protection that i need to worry about.Also, the BB hardware check support app from Bbworld i guess is great for quick cheking things
    Welcome to CrackBerry! And yes BBVE can tell you whether there's anything out of sorts such as a weakened battery or sensors on the fritz, but again nothing worth worrying about until the BBID question is out of the way - don't take it if the seller can't show you a cleared device prior to purchase. Don't accept assurances it will be OK, it has to be OK now. Either photos of the device wiped and waiting for a new BBID or showing that screen in person. If it says enter the previous BBID to continue setup it's not going to work - walk away until it's taken care of.
    01-14-17 02:17 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! And yes BBVE can tell you whether there's anything out of sorts such as a weakened battery or sensors on the fritz, but again nothing worth worrying about until the BBID question is out of the way - don't take it if the seller can't show you a cleared device prior to purchase. Don't accept assurances it will be OK, it has to be OK now. Either photos of the device wiped and waiting for a new BBID or showing that screen in person. If it says enter the previous BBID to continue setup it's not going to work - walk away until it's taken care of.
    Thanks for the tips! Maybe will post a little review from a long time iphone / android user.
    I just think its a very clever and interestring device , plus the grey market prices are very very good like 100€ in good condition
    01-14-17 03:45 PM