The other day a patient of mine was talking about an app he had on his iPhone and I said that I had something similar on my BlackBerry. His response was something like "Oooh, you've got a BlackBerry, must be nice to make that kind of money!".
    I'm a Psychotherapist with a Masters Degree and we don't make as much as a nurse with an Associate's Degree but it certainly struck me that BlackBerry still has that mystic' among the general public. I was reminded of Malcolm Gladwell's Tipping Point and how Hushpuppy Shoes.became "cool" after practically going out of business because a few "hip" people were observed wearing them.
    I found this reaction really interesting. Maybe people should start showing them off instead of hiding them in their pockets or apologizing for them. Hell, no reason they can't be status symbols again.
    Tony Renier
    Green Bay, WI, USA
    John Pawling likes this.
    07-20-14 07:10 PM
    Apparently, I'm rich too.
    07-20-14 07:13 PM
    Oh when I get the passport ill show it off and then some

Differentiate or Die
    07-20-14 07:23 PM
    I meet apple people and it is amazing how they defend their choice of phone,man!! hacked over and over again,and they don,t care.They seem to think that it could never happen to them and surely the banks would cover any lost funds,good luck buddy.Sooner or later the banks are going to demand better security and force everyone to get BB's..HAHA!!,But I want to ask you and the next person I meet defending a Crapapple,Would you buy a car when you know the brakes are going to fail?every year?
    John Pawling likes this.
    07-20-14 07:25 PM
    That would require us CrackBerrians being either rich or hip (or both)....

Not gonna happen... lol

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 07:28 PM
    Well, I'm neither, if you read the book you would discover that it is about perseption not reality. We live in a society which has little regard for reality, just look at the comment from JoJo re: iPhone, let alone Android, reality says they're constantly ripe for pickin'. Plus, iPhone is your mother's phone.
    There was no change in Hushpuppy Shoes (Gladwell had other examples but, that's the one I remember) but, people who perceived that small group in New York City as "cool" wanted what they had. I'm quite pleased with my Q10 and it sits silently on my desk all day with the little "crackberry" light blinking. We already have what we need, perception. But, we have to manage it. I changed my digital signature to "Sent from my encrypted BlackBerry Device" and yes I know that it is not as secure as my older handsets with legacy BIS.
    Tony Renier
    07-21-14 07:00 AM
    All BlackBerry needs is for some A list celebrity to say I choose BlackBerry cause my other phones got hacked.

Differentiate or Die
    07-23-14 05:33 AM
    I wonder what would the patient say if you show him/her a P'9982 then tell the price tag.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    07-23-14 05:44 AM
    I would never be able to afford a P9982, my Q10 is perfect, again; not famous, not rich. It's about perception.
    Tony Renier
    PS: I just ordered another PlayBook, I haven't found anything to compete with it. The QNX based OS just doesn't need the horsepower because it's so resource "light".
    07-28-14 01:47 PM
    Coz BlackBerry is an underrated phone brand.

APC Z10 ?
    07-28-14 05:47 PM
    Coz BlackBerry is an underrated phone brand.

APC Z10 ?
    9-10 years ago, they weren't underrated.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 05:53 PM