I'm just getting back into blackberry which I have always loved. I bought an older blackberry to try out, now thinking about switching to the key2 or key2 le. Thoughts? How everyone like it? I seen post that people are leaving blackberry, why is that?
    Anyone know anything about the key3 that's coming out?

Also...on my phone, it will block most sites due to security. How can I fix that?
    Thank you guys
    Chris
    10-20-21 06:56 AM
    I'm just getting back into blackberry which I have always loved. I bought an older blackberry to try out, now thinking about switching to the key2 or key2 le. Thoughts? How everyone like it? I seen post that people are leaving blackberry, why is that?
    Anyone know anything about the key3 that's coming out?

Also...on my phone, it will block most sites due to security. How can I fix that?
    Thank you guys
    Chris
    BlackBerry left the business five years ago... and come Jan 4th is ending all backend support that will greatly affect the older devices (BBOS and BB10). Also none of those will fully support today's version of VoLTE so in the USA they are about to be without cellular network connections as 3G is being phased out next year, and carriers won't support them as LTE only as they won't do VoLTE.

KEY devices were OK... but are no longer being updated which isn't good for an Android device. Plus they are three year old midgrade hardware packages running four year old version of Android that are still selling at a premium due to the limited production and it's been two years since they made any. It just time to upgrade and there isn't anything.

No new BlackBerry in sight right now.... Onward Mobility was going to do one, but they missed their deadline several months ago and have not spoke up about what's going on.

Is a Chinese kickstarter doing some basic PKB phones.... search for Unihertz.

What phone do you have? BBOS the browser is just too outdated. BB10 there are some Android Browsers you can use.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 10-20-21 at 11:03 AM.
    Laura Knotek and John Albert like this.
    10-20-21 10:37 AM
    I largely agree with Dunt Dunt Dunt, but a couple points.

If you are a technical kind of person, and have a backup phone, you might try this thread: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...e-1192161-new/ as well as downloading the latest cacerts.pem file, so that you can avoid certificate hassles and get the most use possible from whichever browser you care to try.

The current VoLTE standards are compatible with BB10 phones (I have three using it regularly), but the carriers are blocking it, so unless you use one that doesn't (US Mobile MVNO on Verizon's signal, for example), you soon won't be making phone calls.

Just because they were superior doesn't guarantee success in the market.
    10-20-21 11:55 PM
    I largely agree with Dunt Dunt Dunt, but a couple points.

If you are a technical kind of person, and have a backup phone, you might try this thread: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...e-1192161-new/ as well as downloading the latest cacerts.pem file, so that you can avoid certificate hassles and get the most use possible from whichever browser you care to try.

The current VoLTE standards are compatible with BB10 phones (I have three using it regularly), but the carriers are blocking it, so unless you use one that doesn't (US Mobile MVNO on Verizon's signal, for example), you soon won't be making phone calls.

Just because they were superior doesn't guarantee success in the market.
    Bottom line is can you use your phone on your network.... for me the answer is no. I tried to active my Z10 two years ago, when my current phone took a swim in the Gulf of Mexico.... and Verizon refused to do it.

If existing users can stretch out their usage... and the phone meets their limited needs, that's great. But we don't really know what the looming shutdown will really mean for BB10 or how other Carrier's might treat devices. I guess if some are fine using them as WiFi PDAs... that's something.
    10-21-21 09:27 AM