Well after I lost myself on Crackberry (i am found), I lost my happy when my BB got kicked off my carrier, and then again, after having sinned and put the sim into my Moto and coming back to my BB, I am now forbidden to come back online with it cuz they got my imei and banned it 4-Ever. I thought the Keyone was good til next February, it's the 100-7.

Is there a way round this? One agent was happy to let me back in and said just don't take your simcard out again. But they kicked me off the next morning and said no ' the system' would not allow me to enable that phone. No more prepaid activations period.

Plunking away on a Moto is not fun.... .
    LaGrua00 likes this.
    06-10-21 11:19 PM
    Well after I lost myself on Crackberry (i am found), I lost my happy when my BB got kicked off my carrier, and then again, after having sinned and put the sim into my Moto and coming back to my BB, I am now forbidden to come back online with it cuz they got my imei and banned it 4-Ever. I thought the Keyone was good til next February, it's the 100-7.

Is there a way round this? One agent was happy to let me back in and said just don't take your simcard out again. But they kicked me off the next morning and said no ' the system' would not allow me to enable that phone. No more prepaid activations period.

AT&T?
    06-11-21 06:55 AM
    Its cricket. I got in with a simcard I ordered by mail and it had worked great for almost 2 years. I briefly switched sim to moto when my BB overheated and I thought it was toast. If I hadn't done that I would at least be fine until Killswitch Day. In January there was a new rule that no prepaid phones who are Non-Compliant can even be activated and somehow I became a new activation. BTW cricket is waaaay cheaper than att! And nicer too.
    06-11-21 08:19 AM
    Its cricket. I got in with a simcard I ordered by mail and it had worked great for almost 2 years. I briefly switched sim to moto when my BB overheated and I thought it was toast. If I hadn't done that I would at least be fine until Killswitch Day. In January there was a new rule that no prepaid phones who are Non-Compliant can even be activated and somehow I became a new activation. BTW cricket is waaaay cheaper than att! And nicer too.
    Cricket is 100% owned AT&T MVNO subsidiary and so it follows AT&T policies. The cheaper price is due to network access prioritization. It’s the same type business model structure as MetroPCS is 100% owned TMO MVNO subsidiary.
    06-11-21 08:25 AM
    Yep this I know. I also notice, my data is choppy unless I switch settings from lte to 4g, and that was also the case when I was on att, but with att I also did it to conserve my data usage. I don't notice a difference in service between att and cricket. It makes streaming audio and video work without rebuffering, not 100% but a big difference, and also makes a big dif in battery drain time. And cricket gives me 'unlimited' for 4 devices for half the price of what att gave me for two devices plus a data cap.

Anyways the reason for my original is I wonder if an imei blacklist means I couldn't try a switch to anything else that would work here, because it's the same status as if I had a stolen phone. It is not real clear to me if there is any way I can do this.
    06-11-21 09:01 AM
    You can take the phone to Tmobile or another MVNO under tmobile I think. But getting it back on ATT will be a challenge and them bending rules
    06-11-21 10:19 AM
    That applies to Android and not to iPhone.
    Does using the iPhone settings on account and on the phone make a difference?
    06-12-21 04:05 PM
    I'm not sure I understand that, I don't have an iphone. It is a dual sim tho, if I sacrifice my memory card and re-insert with a dif imei which might not be noticed as another miscreant BB phone trying to sneak back in thru the barbed-wire fence. Am I a criminal yet?

I'm waiting thinking over what to do and when to do it bc I don't want the hassle of getting my sim disabled again, TMO isn't really an option here as all data is roaming and you really can't enjoy using it for long. I did try it once before I knew Cricket was an option here.
    06-16-21 12:33 AM
    I'm not sure I understand that, I don't have an iphone. It is a dual sim tho, if I sacrifice my memory card and re-insert with a dif imei which might not be noticed as another miscreant BB phone trying to sneak back in thru the barbed-wire fence. Am I a criminal yet?

I'm waiting thinking over what to do and when to do it bc I don't want the hassle of getting my sim disabled again, TMO isn't really an option here as all data is roaming and you really can't enjoy using it for long. I did try it once before I knew Cricket was an option here.
    Welcome to Moto family. You just got welcomed into the fold a little early. Now you can decide to remain or pick another OEM device. See what else is available.
    06-16-21 11:08 AM
    Well as far as slab phones go I'm perfectly happy with the lower end Moto's with big batteries. They're tough little tanks! And pretty reliable. I just want my keyboard back .
    06-16-21 10:32 PM
    Well as far as slab phones go I'm perfectly happy with the lower end Moto's with big batteries. They're tough little tanks! And pretty reliable. I just want my keyboard back .
    Loved my Droid Turbo 2.... but it didn't know how to swim.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-07-21 07:59 AM

I think the 100-7 is the Black dual SIM and from what I can remember it's not compatible with T-Mobile either. When I went about getting my KeyONE I was thinking about getting it but found out that it lacked a band or two necessary to work correctly plus T-Mobile not allowing it to be activated due to it not having VOLTE. I am using the black 100-1 on T-Mobile and it works just fine. I have VOLTE on it and I love it. Try to find a 100-1 and move to T-Mobile if you can.
    07-07-21 06:56 PM
    My 100-7 is the dual sim 64G, India version. I really love the phone and took the trouble to switch to puretalk just to be left alone til hopefully next February, well so far so good . I am also waiting for that little Titan Pocket and still don't know if that will be 'February-proof' but at least I have hope : )
    07-07-21 09:36 PM
    Oh, I was going to add I tried TMO for a minute when I dumped ATT around 2017. They put up with me for a few months but all my data was roaming where I am and so I guess it was not a good fit, I kinda like data. I snuck in through the back door to get activated by buying the simcard online, not knowing about the roaming data problem. And I didnt know about Cricket til later, being available here. Which worked swell until they figured out my phone was a BlackBerry ...
    07-07-21 09:42 PM