I would like to purchase the BlackBerry Classic and already own a Passport, but would like to seamlessly switch between the two phones by swapping the SIM card back and forth. Is there a way to make sure that everything I do on one phone is synched up with other phone? I'd hate to have to duplicate everything on each phone separately. Does anyone know if this is possible?
    06-03-15 10:47 AM
    Of course, it all depends what you mean by "everything". The previous reply did not mention documents. These could be sync'd from the Cloud with Drop Box or something similar. Whether duplicating your accounts on both phones will automatically sync your Sent email, Contacts, and Calendar will depend on what those accounts are and how they are set up. It would be easier to sync with online email providers such as GMail than with accounts through your internet provider. You photos would be another issue which could also be done through the Cloud.

As long as you've got a plan with unlimited data, it shouldn't be too much work once you've got it all set up. Otherwise I'd look at using BlackBerry Link on your computer to sync your Contacts, iTunes media, Photos, Documents etc. when you switch phones.
    What I would do:

1. Use the same BBID on both phones
    2. Add the same accounts to both phones;
    3. Add the same apps to both phones;
    4. Set up HUB to add sent emails to the sent folder;

Then all you need to do is put the SIM into whatever device you want to use (BBM and BBID services will be disabled on the device you are not using, but everything else will work fine).

Emails marked as read will be marked read on both devices and sent email should show on both as well.

That's what I can think about.

EDIT: Lol, this happened.

Is there a way to sync a Passport and Classic phones?-sem-t-tulo.png
    06-03-15 11:17 AM
    Of course, it all depends what you mean by "everything". The previous reply did not mention documents. These could be sync'd from the Cloud with Drop Box or something similar. Whether duplicating your accounts on both phones will automatically sync your Sent email, Contacts, and Calendar will depend on what those accounts are and how they are set up. It would be easier to sync with online email providers such as GMail than with accounts through your internet provider. You photos would be another issue which could also be done through the Cloud.

As long as you've got a plan with unlimited data, it shouldn't be too much work once you've got it all set up. Otherwise I'd look at using BlackBerry Link on your computer to sync your Contacts, iTunes media, Photos, Documents etc. when you switch phones.
    diegonei likes this.
    06-03-15 12:02 PM
    I really don't think Link can handle two device sync, but there are apps that could do it, yes.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 07:55 PM
    I really don't think Link can handle two device sync, but there are apps that could do it, yes. Posted via CB10
    My suggestion was not to use Link to sync directly between devices, but to used the same sync settings for both devices. You would sync the first device, transfer the sim, then sync the second device.
    06-03-15 09:13 PM
    My suggestion was not to use Link to sync directly between devices, but to used the same sync settings for both devices. You would sync the first device, transfer the sim, then sync the second device.
    I know what you said. Explaining again doesn't change what I said. I don't think Link is smart enough for that.
    06-04-15 01:18 PM
    I know what you said. Explaining again doesn't change what I said. I don't think Link is smart enough for that.
    Are you saying that Link doesn't allow two different devices to use the same sync settings?
    06-04-15 01:39 PM
    Are you saying that Link doesn't allow two different devices to use the same sync settings?
    I'm saying I don't believe it can. Making Lync sync Contacts/Calendar means making it Sync to MS Outlook. Getting that to work can get tricky.

Getting that to share settings with two different phones? Not gonna bet on it.
    06-04-15 01:46 PM
    I'm saying I don't believe it can. Making Lync sync Contacts/Calendar means making it Sync to MS Outlook. Getting that to work can get tricky. Getting that to share settings with two different phones? Not gonna bet on it.
    I did find setting up Link to sync to my Outlook Contacts and Calendar was a bit tricky the first time I tried it, but then I have multiple Outlook Contacts folders. However, I regularly sync my Phone Contacts, Calendar, iTunes media, and Pictures to my Q5. I don't use it to sync Documents or Videos, but I don't see why that would be a issue. I also do regular full backups with it and I've installed updates with it.

I don't find Link any more difficult to use than iTunes, which I regularly use to do the same thing with two different iPads. At the moment Link is smart enough to recognize my PC, my Q5, and my Curve. It was also smart enough to tell me that my Curve wasn't a BB10 device and offered to download the BlackBerry Desktop Software for BBOS.
    06-04-15 02:20 PM
    That's you using Link for something it was designed to. Nothing out of the exppected scenarios.

This has dragged enough. Either you get a second BB10 device and try it or we wait for the OP to come back. I'm not gonna keep this line of thought going.
    06-04-15 02:33 PM
    There have been other threads about this exact subject.

Posted Via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport
    06-05-15 04:27 AM