My toddler is beyond obsessed with my Classic. I am too, but my fingers aren't as sticky, and I don't find it amusing to click, swipe and drop it randomly. I've noticed that when I lock the screen, it goes black until she presses or swipes something. When it's off, she could care less about it, but it's not all that practical to turn it off every time I want to leave the room. Blacking out the screen would solve this problem, but I can't seem to find a setting or app that will allow me to do this. Is there such thing? TIA!
    05-19-15 12:29 PM
    Hi, if I understand you correctly, you want to turn the screen off in such a way that your child cannot easily turn it on and thus decrease the the amount of interest said child shows in your phone? I think that given the age of the toddler in question, the easiest thing would be to disable swipe to wake in the display section of the settings menu so that only the power button and the "U" key can unlock the device. Also, under the advanced interaction section of the settings menu, make sure that lift to wake is not enabled. Lastly, put a simple password on the phone so that if little fingers do manage to turn the screen on, the same boring thing is displayed. Also, if don't mind them touching the phone but don't want to worry about them messing things up or calling people, why not use the parental controls under security in the settings menu.

Hope this helps.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582 O2 UK
    is it really that much of a inconvience to click the power button?

if you have an actual password set on the device, just delay the timing before it is needed to be entered.
    05-19-15 12:35 PM
    My toddler is beyond obsessed with my Classic. I am too, but my fingers aren't as sticky, and I don't find it amusing to click, swipe and drop it randomly. I've noticed that when I lock the screen, it goes black until she presses or swipes something. When it's off, she could care less about it, but it's not all that practical to turn it off every time I want to leave the room. Blacking out the screen would solve this problem, but I can't seem to find a setting or app that will allow me to do this. Is there such thing? TIA!
    Just keep the phone away from your toddler....

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 12:42 PM
    Hi, if I understand you correctly, you want to turn the screen off in such a way that your child cannot easily turn it on and thus decrease the the amount of interest said child shows in your phone? I think that given the age of the toddler in question, the easiest thing would be to disable swipe to wake in the display section of the settings menu so that only the power button and the "U" key can unlock the device. Also, under the advanced interaction section of the settings menu, make sure that lift to wake is not enabled. Lastly, put a simple password on the phone so that if little fingers do manage to turn the screen on, the same boring thing is displayed. Also, if don't mind them touching the phone but don't want to worry about them messing things up or calling people, why not use the parental controls under security in the settings menu.

Hope this helps.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.1.2582 O2 UK
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    05-19-15 12:53 PM
    Probably shouldn't be leaving the child alone anyway. Or perhaps you are the one who shouldn't be left alone with the phone.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    05-19-15 03:27 PM