The dreaded Blank Settings Menu issue on one of our Z30's - we have managed to get most of the data off the device in various forms using an SD Card. We cannot connect to Link, Sachesi, or Windows, but we are able to read/write to an SD.

We need a solution for BBM and Text Messages. Any thoughts or ideas?

I thought I read a post about someone loading the Settings .Bar file onto their device and they were then able to get access, but I can't seem to locate that again.

Obviously the device needs to be wiped, but it is mission critical that we recover this data.

Open to experiments on this one...
    07-21-18 04:49 AM
    The dreaded Blank Settings Menu issue on one of our Z30's - we have managed to get most of the data off the device in various forms using an SD Card. We cannot connect to Link, Sachesi, or Windows, but we are able to read/write to an SD.

We need a solution for BBM and Text Messages. Any thoughts or ideas?

I thought I read a post about someone loading the Settings .Bar file onto their device and they were then able to get access, but I can't seem to locate that again.

Obviously the device needs to be wiped, but it is mission critical that we recover this data.

Open to experiments on this one...
    BBM does allow you to backup all conversations. But not sure about transferring that to an SD Card.

Text Messages can be backed up with a third-party app to an SD-Card. I don't have my Passport with me. but I think the name was SMS-Manager or something to that effect.
    07-21-18 05:58 AM
    BBM does allow you to backup all conversations. But not sure about transferring that to an SD Card.

Text Messages can be backed up with a third-party app to an SD-Card. I don't have my Passport with me. but I think the name was SMS-Manager or something to that effect.
    The question becomes how to get SMS-Manager onto the device....can't seem to download anything from BB World. Any thoughts?
    07-21-18 07:12 AM
    The question becomes how to get SMS-Manager onto the device....can't seem to download anything from BB World. Any thoughts?
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US

maybe use the browser? not sure though
    07-24-18 12:29 PM