I was just going to reference my P6a battery life post from AC. You beat me to it.
    To sum up several posts I did on my P6a battery life..... absolutely no disappointments at all. Actually it is on par with my Pixel 6 Pro battery life.
    I'm going to try messenger lite, as reg messenger app shows a close parallel between screen use (6hrs 40min, yesterday) and background processing (6hrs 20min). See if it makes an impact. Although this kind of app maintenance / testing is something I'm more used to doing on blackberry () lol
    09-03-22 01:35 PM
    51 min of screen time and I'm at 71% so far today

09-03-22 03:47 PM
    51 min of screen time and I'm at 71% so far today

What do your battery usage stats indicate is actually using so much battery power?
    09-03-22 08:59 PM
    What do your battery usage stats indicate is actually using so much battery power?
    Well so I got rid of reg messenger, which was for ex (previous days stats): 1hr 13min, background 1hr 12min which actually looking at it background isn't too far off usually, less but not by like 90% as I'd think should be the case. I've turned off adaptive network or w.e. it's called and disabled health services (as noted by Stevaliscious, that's helped some, tho not in my case apparently).

Here's today, so far. I'm at 32% w 2 hrs 9 min (this is literally in Priv territory), breakdown is:
    - Gmail 47 min, 33 background (8%)
    - Instagram 23 min, 11 background (6%)
    - music player 1 hr 44 min, 3 background (6%)
    - messenger lite 1 hr 23 min, 1 hr 5 background (4%)
    - chrome 34 min, 30 background (3%)
    - YouT 9 min, less than 1 background (3%)
    - fb 36 min, 23 background (2%)
    - CB forums 10 min, less than 1 background (2%)
    - Ring 0, less than 1 background (1%)
    09-03-22 10:01 PM
    Well so I got rid of reg messenger, which was for ex (previous days stats): 1hr 13min, background 1hr 12min which actually looking at it background isn't too far off usually, less but not by like 90% as I'd think should be the case. I've turned off adaptive network or w.e. it's called and disabled health services (as noted by Stevaliscious, that's helped some, tho not in my case apparently).

Here's today, so far. I'm at 32% w 2 hrs 9 min (this is literally in Priv territory), breakdown is:
    - Gmail 47 min, 33 background (8%)
    - Instagram 23 min, 11 background (6%)
    - music player 1 hr 44 min, 3 background (6%)
    - messenger lite 1 hr 23 min, 1 hr 5 background (4%)
    - chrome 34 min, 30 background (3%)
    - YouT 9 min, less than 1 background (3%)
    - fb 36 min, 23 background (2%)
    - CB forums 10 min, less than 1 background (2%)
    - Ring 0, less than 1 background (1%)
    You shouldn't listen to so much music.
    09-03-22 10:51 PM
    You shouldn't listen to so much music.
    Yeah right exactly. My wife and I agreed that my battery life would make sense had I been basically playing music the whole day
    09-04-22 01:16 AM
    What is your signal strength in dBm? Could the issue be a result of the device searching for a signal when none is to be found? Could it be related to a bad SIM? What carrier do you have? If it's a MVNO, then you may be deprioritized so that customers of the actual network owner get priority during times of network congestion.
    09-04-22 12:50 PM
    What is your signal strength in dBm?
    -110 dbm, 30 asu
    09-04-22 01:02 PM
    -110 dbm, 30 asu
    That's almost unusable.
    09-04-22 01:07 PM
    That's almost unusable.
    -84 and 56 just now. I'm not sure what the numbers mean, exactly. I have not had a loss of coverage/signal yet, in fact as my last assumption for this battery drain, I've kept in the back of my mind that 5g may be just that demanding in certain areas. I've noticed that, on TMobile, I often swap from 5g to 5g UC (similarly as w the #s, I'm not sure if I wanna trust that it's better vs actually being just a marketing gimmick displayed in some regions). Which begs the question - isn't coverage almost guaranteed to get better as infrastructure improves.

On my moto g7 play the signal was becoming nearly as bad as on my key1, we're talking 1 to 4 min of just apps that wouldn't respond. Some reported loss of connection while some just didn't update (which is why I half jokingly, but half truthfully, posted in one thread that my old Priv for some reason became my most reliable phone in mid-22). At certain times during the day, I simply did not have another min or 2 at work to just stand and see when the signal came back, which regretfully made me give it up and cemented this search for a new, reliable, supported option.

For the first 2 weeks I would say my avg was around 4.5 hrs of screen time, which is not great, but acceptable. Swapping to 13 did not immediately have a negative impact tbh. But yesterday's barely over 2 hrs (using 68%) was my first real sign of alarm. To note, in the remaining evening from 32% down to 5%, I was able to get (off wifi) another 1hr and 40min + of screen time.

Digging around a few more menus I did find Roaming was turned on, so I'm not sure if 13 did that or if it was on by default and I never noticed an effect. Hasn't made a difference yet - I've lost 20% (at 80 right now) and screen use has been roughly 40 min today.
    09-04-22 02:52 PM
    Turning off adaptive battery to see if there's any difference. Took it off the charger at 930 this morning, sitting here at almost midnight w 26% left and total of just a shave under 2.5 hrs of screen time. Had my first signal loss today for a few min at home.

Getting through the day, but again a brand new phone shouldn't have battery that's barely better than my Priv. Wonder what the issue could be and certainly looking forward to the rumored update that's inc.
    09-04-22 11:56 PM
    Turning off adaptive battery, adaptive networks and deleting cache in the app Device Health can help. The main issue, I have found is the modem. I picked one of these 6a's up on a new work only line for free on T-Mobile. On 12 Device ran hot on 13 beta it ran well. On 13 its been crap with tons of idle battery drain and I hardly have any apps on it.

Running side by side with my A71 5G on my personal line it's not even close as to battery life and I have also experienced connection and call issues on the 6a. Both are on the same network
    There is most definitely something wrong with the software and (modem) hardware on many persons devices on 13. Search around as these issues are all over on YouTube. I am hoping the September patch brings it back to beta 13 like operation.

Otherwise I do like the build and size. Camera quality has also been inconsistent.

My fix for now (which is BS) is that I turned off 5G. That immediately fixed my heat issues and returned battery life to very good, especially at idle.
    09-06-22 12:03 AM
    Turning off adaptive battery, adaptive networks and deleting cache in the app Device Health can help. The main issue, I have found is the modem. I picked one of these 6a's up on a new work only line for free on T-Mobile. On 12 Device ran hot on 13 beta it ran well. On 13 its been crap with tons of idle battery drain and I hardly have any apps on it.

Running side by side with my A71 5G on my personal line it's not even close as to battery life and I have also experienced connection and call issues on the 6a. Both are on the same network
    There is most definitely something wrong with the software and (modem) hardware on many persons devices on 13. Search around as these issues are all over on YouTube. I am hoping the September patch brings it back to beta 13 like operation.

Otherwise I do like the build and size. Camera quality has also been inconsistent.

My fix for now (which is BS) is that I turned off 5G. That immediately fixed my heat issues and returned battery life to very good, especially at idle.
    The fix was basically the same for me 5-6 months ago when AT&T did 3G shutdown. Eventually AT&T seemed to achieve optimization with the 5G network bands and the battery drain subsided.

The problem didn't affect my Galaxy A13 5G as much as my Pixel 5a but things improved drastically in the first 60 days or so.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-06-22 04:52 AM
    The fix
    On my end, Stevaliscious' clip seems to have solved the issue: I didn't have the option to clear cache in device health services, and even disabling it didn't help, but there's a storage option where I was able to delete 1.8 gb of data. Today I'm at 58 min screen time and at 90% so this was like back to a reg morning again.

Heat wasn't a big issue for me, my constant companion over the years has been a blackberry Priv after all (lol). I will admit that right out of the box it was a bit toasty, and less so on 13, but nothing to complain about; my testing also started w some pretty intense gaming (I only call it pretty intense because it crashed my moto g7 play and wouldn't even load on the Priv, maybe not a solid base to start from I know).
    09-06-22 10:52 AM
    -84 and 56 just now. I'm not sure what the numbers mean, exactly. I have not had a loss of coverage/signal yet, in fact as my last assumption for this battery drain, I've kept in the back of my mind that 5g may be just that demanding in certain areas. I've noticed that, on TMobile, I often swap from 5g to 5g UC (similarly as w the #s, I'm not sure if I wanna trust that it's better vs actually being just a marketing gimmick displayed in some regions). Which begs the question - isn't coverage almost guaranteed to get better as infrastructure improves.

On my moto g7 play the signal was becoming nearly as bad as on my key1, we're talking 1 to 4 min of just apps that wouldn't respond. Some reported loss of connection while some just didn't update (which is why I half jokingly, but half truthfully, posted in one thread that my old Priv for some reason became my most reliable phone in mid-22). At certain times during the day, I simply did not have another min or 2 at work to just stand and see when the signal came back, which regretfully made me give it up and cemented this search for a new, reliable, supported option.

For the first 2 weeks I would say my avg was around 4.5 hrs of screen time, which is not great, but acceptable. Swapping to 13 did not immediately have a negative impact tbh. But yesterday's barely over 2 hrs (using 68%) was my first real sign of alarm. To note, in the remaining evening from 32% down to 5%, I was able to get (off wifi) another 1hr and 40min + of screen time.

Digging around a few more menus I did find Roaming was turned on, so I'm not sure if 13 did that or if it was on by default and I never noticed an effect. Hasn't made a difference yet - I've lost 20% (at 80 right now) and screen use has been roughly 40 min today.
    The higher the number in dBm the stronger the signal. So -86 dBm is actually a good signal, but -110 dBm is a terrible signal.
    Exedorable likes this.
    09-06-22 01:49 PM
    The higher the number in dBm the stronger the signal. So -86 dBm is actually a good signal, but -110 dBm is a terrible signal.
    Seems it was def not the signal, although I have now seen one complete loss of signal at the house (by contrast, even in a blackout zone near our kids school this 6a has been getting thru).

I'm at 58% right now w just under 3 hrs of screen time, and this is w music playing most of the day either in my pocket, bt in the car, or a bt speaker at the house. Back to normal, pretty much
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-06-22 02:56 PM
    Seems it was def not the signal, although I have now seen one complete loss of signal at the house (by contrast, even in a blackout zone near our kids school this 6a has been getting thru).

I'm at 58% right now w just under 3 hrs of screen time, and this is w music playing most of the day either in my pocket, bt in the car, or a bt speaker at the house. Back to normal, pretty much
    Awesome! I'm glad you got it sorted.
    09-06-22 02:57 PM
    The lower the number then.
    09-06-22 07:55 PM
    The lower the number then.
    Higher since -86 is higher than -110.
    09-06-22 08:44 PM
    Higher since -86 is higher than -110.
    Oh right. I've never read that as a minus sign before for some reason.
    09-06-22 08:52 PM
45 12