My Maps is not showing locations that have been built since I activated my device 4 - 5 years ago.
    11-17-19 05:40 AM
    Damn, I don't want to go to the "dark side"

Among the things I held dear with BB is the ability to sync with Outlook and carry my business with me. For me, I run things on desktop, and my device is merely a place to park contact lists, calendars, etc.

Frankly I have no idea whether anything Droid or IOS can do such things...
    That core functionality may continue to work.on BB10 for a long time. I am comfortable.on Android and iPhone, but I have no plans to stop using my BB10 phone while it still works for the functions you named.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    My Maps is not showing locations that have been built since I activated my device 4 - 5 years ago.
    That contract was cancelled years ago (I believe with TomTom). So no updates.
    11-17-19 06:51 AM
    Thanks. I think it was MapQuest. Regardless, any idea if any sort of contract will be in place any time soon?
    11-17-19 07:00 AM
    Thanks. I think it was MapQuest. Regardless, any idea if any sort of contract will be in place any time soon?
    No. BB10 is going EOL.
    11-17-19 07:30 AM
    Not MapQuest but is indeed affiliated with Tom Tom and it's extremely doubtful that there will be any update.
    11-17-19 08:16 AM
    "End of Line"???

I have heard -- on this forum that I need to run for the tall grass with BB10 AND I have heard that it "will be around for a long time"

For someone who is more concerned with usability than what's under the hood, what might be the time line and what plans should the user make for whatever change may be coming?
    11-17-19 08:42 AM
    "End of Line"???

I have heard -- on this forum that I need to run for the tall grass with BB10 AND I have heard that it "will be around for a long time"

For someone who is more concerned with usability than what's under the hood, what might be the time line and what plans should the user make for whatever change may be coming?
    @TrumpetTiger - I’ll let you answer this from your optimistic perspective
    11-17-19 08:45 AM
    "End of Line"???

"End of Life"

The OS becomes EOL on Dec31st. Back-end services won't be immediately shut down, but will slowly die over time as vendor and employment contracts run their courses.
    11-17-19 08:51 AM
    So.... what does that mean to we limited tech users? Do we have a new OS? Do we have to walk away from BlackBerry? What's next?
    11-17-19 09:02 AM
    @TrumpetTiger - I’ll let you answer this from your optimistic perspective
    All due respect, that comment means nothing. If you are going to be on a forum helping folks -- especially those of us who don't have the technical expertise -- how about offering useful answers.
    11-17-19 09:05 AM
    So.... what does that mean to we limited tech users? Do we have a new OS? Do we have to walk away from BlackBerry? What's next?
    No...no new OS from BlackBerry! You can keep on use BB10 until it will be working for you, but there will no be updates. New apps (if any) could be downloaded probably only outside the BBW. Some users are here really helpful and will be happy to support you...

You can walk away from BlackBerry, honestly. Their android smartphone are not going to see any update. The Key2 and Key2 Le will be staying with Android 8.1, while even cheap android will be getting at least one major update. BlackBerry has no money to invest on mobile unfortunately...

BlackBerry is not the giant used to be unfortunately....
    John Albert and DSturke like this.
    11-17-19 09:11 AM
    All due respect, that comment means nothing. If you are going to be on a forum helping folks -- especially those of us who don't have the technical expertise -- how about offering useful answers.
    Thanks for the idea since I’m kinda new around here. I’ve moved on from BB10 long ago. I just asked the biggest proponent for BB10, that I can think of, besides @conite, @brookie229 or @mh1983 for now.

My helpful suggestion, especially for nontechnical people like myself is to purchase a modern Android/iOS device that is currently supported.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    11-17-19 09:22 AM
    Thanks for the idea since I’m kinda new around here. I’ve moved on from BB10 long ago. I just asked the biggest proponent for BB10, that I can think of, besides @conite, @brookie229 or @mh1983 for now.

My helpful suggestion, especially for nontechnical people like myself is to purchase a modern Android/iOS device that is currently supported.

Among the things I held dear with BB is the ability to sync with Outlook and carry my business with me. For me, I run things on desktop, and my device is merely a place to park contact lists, calendars, etc.

11-17-19 09:28 AM
    The best answer (in my opinion) is enjoy using your device until you don't enjoy it anymore. Everyone comes to a point where things don't work the way they want them to and then it's time to move on. I'm still using my Passport as my main device but that doesn't mean others can do the same. All we know is what BB has stated. You can find the company quote here on the forums with a search. Your device will not just suddenly die/explode/quit working on Jan 1, 2020. Services for BB10 may continue to disappear slowly over time so just be prepared to move on to a new OS and new device. I know that you are looking for a more precise answer but there just is none at the moment. Hope that helps.
    TgeekB, Laura Knotek and DSturke like this.
    11-17-19 09:33 AM
    The best answer (in my opinion) is enjoy using your device until you don't enjoy it anymore. Everyone comes to a point where things don't work the way they want them to and then it's time to move on. I'm still using my Passport as my main device but that doesn't mean others can do the same. All we know is what BB has stated. You can find the company quote here on the forums with a search. Your device will not just suddenly die/explode/quit working on Jan 1, 2020. Services for BB10 may continue to disappear slowly over time so just be prepared to move on to a new OS and new device. I know that you are looking for a more precise answer but there just is none at the moment. Hope that helps.
    Well said. Each of us has to make our own decision based on our wants and needs.
    DSturke likes this.
    11-17-19 09:39 AM

Outlook and it’s related Microsoft ecosystem has been heavily developed by Microsoft as first party developer for Android/iOS for several years now. Even more importantly, Microsoft has focused on it’s cross platform functionality with your desktop OS and tying everything into cloud fairly well. I actually prefer over Apple’s or Google’s own solutions.
    11-17-19 10:05 AM

That core functionality may continue to work.on BB10 for a long time. I am comfortable.on Android and iPhone, but I have no plans to stop using my BB10 phone while it still works for the functions you named.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    11-17-19 12:34 PM
    I know I posted in a another thread that you can download Mapquest from the Google Play Store and it works well on the Passport but can be a tad slow to load. I really enjoyed using it and found it to offer multiple routing options.
    I recommend giving it a shot.
    DSturke likes this.
    11-17-19 01:01 PM
    Chuck gave you some good advice, the guy want to talk to about BB10 is TrumpetTiger.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-19 01:21 PM
    Yup, hard to find a buggy whip these days. All things must pass.

I have been so comfortable and dialed in with BB for many years now. I LOVE the Blend and Link functions and the compatibility with Outlook. I am going to miss all that.
    11-17-19 07:03 PM
    Outlook and it’s related Microsoft ecosystem has been heavily developed by Microsoft as first party developer for Android/iOS for several years now. Even more importantly, Microsoft has focused on it’s cross platform functionality with your desktop OS and tying everything into cloud fairly well. I actually prefer over Apple’s or Google’s own solutions.
    Thanks, that is good information to have! I am humming along with BB OS and the M/S functions. If next upgrade is to iOS I hope I can have the same smooth process as I have now.
    11-17-19 07:06 PM
    Thanks, that is good information to have! I am humming along with BB OS and the M/S functions. If next upgrade is to iOS I hope I can have the same smooth process as I have now.
    I’ve dual carried Android/iOS the last couple years. The best to do is get a new device and familiarize yourself before it’s your only choice. Good luck and keep returning here for help.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-17-19 07:29 PM
    May I suggest looking at Oneplus brand running Android? I believe the Oneplus 6 was the last model with the headphone jack and LED. Amazing version of Android........unless there is a bigger wider KEY3. The wife keep saying that would be a game changer. )))

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    Mecca EL likes this.
    11-17-19 09:14 PM
    Try this version of Google Maps: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-14-5-release/

Posted via CB10
    11-18-19 04:23 AM
    I know I posted in a another thread that you can download Mapquest from the Google Play Store and it works well on the Passport but can be a tad slow to load. I really enjoyed using it and found it to offer multiple routing options.
    I recommend giving it a shot.
    Likely will be very slow on a different BB10 device if slow on a Passport. I had to give up using Waze on my Q10 because it couldn't keep up.

But like you said, it may be worth a try.
    11-18-19 06:36 AM
32 12