Got my Classic on Sunday and can't seem to add any locations to the Accuweather app. It has an "add location" option, but after you type in the city, there doesn't appear to be a way to actually add it. Anyone know of this or I am I just crazy? Thanks a lot!
    02-23-15 03:14 PM
    Type in a new city or locale. Then it shows you the weather.
    Up at the top there is the name of the city you are on (the new one) with an arrow. Click the arrow and you will see your old location and the new one.
    02-23-15 03:23 PM
    Thank you for your kind reply, but it won't work that way. There is not even a way to type in another location, which is the problem. Thanks again.
    02-23-15 03:32 PM
    If you are referring to the BlackBerry weather app which uses Accuweather, hit SEARCH after you type the name of the city. Then select your city.
    02-23-15 03:39 PM
    Thanks again for your reply, but "search" is not an option on any screen in the app where you type in a name. I appreciate your response.
    02-23-15 05:20 PM
    Thanks again for your reply, but "search" is not an option on any screen in the app where you type in a name. I appreciate your response.
    Hit the enter key on your Classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 06:01 PM
    Hit the overflow button the three dots at the bottom. In the menu that slides in you can ADD CITY. Do you see that?
    02-23-15 06:48 PM
    Is there a trick to adding locations in the Accuweather app?-img_20150223_185348.png
    Is there a trick to adding locations in the Accuweather app?-img_20150223_185357.png

Pretty simple. Always swipe down if you're looking for settings
    02-23-15 06:54 PM
    right and you can find it in the overflow settings as well.
    02-23-15 07:13 PM
    Thank you Jaydee. I do see that, I tap "manage locations" and it takes to my current location. Then I tap "add city" and a text box comes up. As soon as you type one letter in to that box, a "x" comes up at the end of the box. There is no search option, no enter option, nothing except the "x" and a cancel button. I've had a Blackberry for years and think I understand them fairly well, but this particular function just doesn't seem to work. Thanks again, I appreciate your time and effort.
    02-24-15 03:55 PM
    Thank you Jaydee. I do see that, I tap "manage locations" and it takes to my current location. Then I tap "add city" and a text box comes up. As soon as you type one letter in to that box, a "x" comes up at the end of the box. There is no search option, no enter option, nothing except the "x" and a cancel button. I've had a Blackberry for years and think I understand them fairly well, but this particular function just doesn't seem to work. Thanks again, I appreciate your time and effort.
    OK Bob. Now that the box is there, start typing a city name. It should pop up in a list. Type the name and hit search on your keyboard. On my Z30 I have a button that pops up in the kb that says search. Click on the name and it shows you the weather and adds that city to your list. Try it and see please.

Black is back, baby. Via my Z30
    02-24-15 04:01 PM
    I'm not giving up till this works for you!!!! Lol

Try typing Par....and the name Paris should pop up. See it??

Black is back, baby. Via my Z30
    Guitarbob likes this.
    02-24-15 04:03 PM
    Okay, I finally got it to work! No cities ever "popped" when I was typing in the 'add city" box. I was trying to use prompts on the screen itself, but after typing in a city name, Snowmass, CO, I hit the "enter" or "return" key on the physical keyboard (Classic model) and it worked. I'm now adding locations like a mad-man! Thanks again. These phones are still the best!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    02-24-15 04:17 PM
    Okay, I finally got it to work! No cities ever "popped" when I was typing in the 'add city" box. I was trying to use prompts on the screen itself, but after typing in a city name, Snowmass, CO, I hit the "enter" or "return" key on the physical keyboard (Classic model) and it worked. I'm now adding locations like a mad-man! Thanks again. These phones are still the best!
    See Bob!
    I told you I wouldn't give up till you got it!
    YIPPEEEEE!
    Hey, enjoy the weather after all that!!!!!!!!!!
    BerryRipe likes this.
    02-24-15 08:38 PM
    I used to be able to add cities to accuweather on my samsung phone. There is no longer an option to add a city at the top of the screen and there is no way to access the keyboard to enter another city. Where did the 'add' option go and how do I get it back?
    03-06-17 02:46 PM
    How do you get to 'manage locations' on the samsung phone? As a setting, it's already 'on'. I just want to add cities to my weather app and it never used to be this difficult.
    03-06-17 02:49 PM
    I also have a samsung, NOT a blackberry and there are no buttons or other options you keep describing to enable us to add a city to our list. I already have 8 cities but for some reason the "add" button is no longer there and I just want to know how to get it back!
    03-06-17 03:24 PM
    I also have a samsung, NOT a blackberry and there are no buttons or other options you keep describing to enable us to add a city to our list. I already have 8 cities but for some reason the "add" button is no longer there and I just want to know how to get it back!
    It is possible 8 cities may be the max.

Posted with my  Classic
    03-06-17 03:49 PM
    I'm on Samsung too. I had been able to save new cities on the original android version that came with the phone and have 10 cities saved. Since the Android version updated, the add button has vanished from the app. Very frustrating as the "Use Current Location" gets it very wrong (300km away).
    10-06-17 05:38 AM
    By accident I happened on this. I decided to uninstall the app thinking it was useless. When I pushed down on the app on my home screen 3 options came up
    Maps
    Hourly Forecast
    Daily Forecast
    I clicked on each one and found after I hit maps, the location on my map was my only location, it also has a search bar to type in another location. I typed in one and that's It! I added 10 locations!
    Basically
    Push down on accuweather app on home screen
    Choose maps
    Add other places by going through the search bar just above the actual map

Hope your day is a good one!
    02-17-18 10:43 AM