Free phone calls
    05-04-16 07:01 AM
    Use apps using data plan
    05-04-16 07:27 AM
    05-04-16 08:02 AM
    You haven't provided much detail on what your configuration is so I'll provide a generalized answer. Assuming you accept the caveat that nothing in life is free then yes.

Plenty of options if you're willing to go Android although requirements and functionality varies widely. Some require both caller and recipient to have the app installed for voice/sms/video/+/-mms. Among those, some will provide unlimited incoming/outgoing while others will give free incoming but outgoing to users without the app will cost you.

A few other apps (ad supported) will give you a number to make limited calls to any number. (Sideline/Pinger, Freedom Pop, TextNow). A quick search on Google Play will yield you many results. Tailor your search to suite your specific needs.

Your options in BBW are limited to calling apps requiring caller/recipient have the app installed however Viber, Tango, and Truphone are among them - I can vouch for none.

I've used Google Voice for years now which also allows for making/receiving telephone calls.
    05-04-16 08:32 AM
    On either Android or BB, Wifi-calling does not require you to have an app on the phone, and you can call anyone, anywhere, Domestic calls (and with T-mo) calls to and from the USA from overseas are free. Plus you use your own number. And recipient does not need an app. If you are not on T-Mo, however, your systems are limited.
    05-04-16 09:40 AM
    Open BBM, Add the contact you want to chat to. Select "voice chat" and chat away for free*

*provided you are using Wifi

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    05-04-16 02:38 PM