Hello, I follow Crackberry since almost two years ago, and I've been into BlackBerry devices for a long time.

I at least have my first BlackBerry 10 device (BlackBerry Classic) and I've got some trouble connecting it to the mobile network with my BIS data plan.

I know, I know, BB 10 over legacy BIS data plan have been on discussion and there are many people saying BIS plan is not used by BB 10 devices, although there are many that say their legacy BIS plan is perfectly working on the device.

I have a friend who bought an unlocked Q5 and it worked with its legacy BIS plan offered by our carrier, so I've seen with my own eyes that it is posible to use it in BB 10 devices.

But here is the problem:

I have a legacy BIS plan that works well with my previous OS7 device. I requested a nanoSIM (as my friend requested a microSIM for the Q5) and after setting up my Classic and inserting the SIM, the network symbol appeared with lowercase (3g). The APN configuration had the nanoSIM defaults, so I changed the APN to "blackberry.net", no username, no password. The network symbol changed to uppercase (3G). So, I guess the device can connect to that APN, however, the device still can't connect to internet.

When the device is connected with the default APN, the network symbol appears with lowercase (3g, only voice) and the browser says "No Network Connection, Make sure your device is connected to a network and try again".

When the device is connected with the blackberry.net APN, the network symbol changes to uppercase (3G, data and voice) and the browser says "Error, Couldn't resolve the host name".

I've tried registering the device via Settings->About->Network->Register device, but it stays with the message "Registration requested" and nothing else.

Is there a way I can connect to internet with the legacy BIS plan I have? I mean, the APN is correct, but there's maybe some setup I should do manually so I can get my device to connect. I don't know why I can't register it via About->Network.

Maybe some escreen configuration I'm missing?

Thank you in advance.
    01-04-15 12:45 PM
    I know, I know, BB 10 over legacy BIS data plan have been on discussion and there are many people saying BIS plan is not used by BB 10 devices, although there are many that say their legacy BIS plan is perfectly working on the device.
    Different carriers set up their BIS plans differently. I'm still using my old BIS plan but that's because there was nothing specific about it that was limited. It was just treated as a internet plan on my carrier.

Is there a way I can connect to internet with the legacy BIS plan I have? I mean, the APN is correct, but there's maybe some setup I should do manually so I can get my device to connect. I don't know why I can't register it via About->Network.

Maybe some escreen configuration I'm missing?
    People have had limited success with adjusting the APN and even the escreen process has changed so the chances of it working are actually rather slim. The APN's are assigned by your SIM, so I'm guessing you'd need the exact APN for your carrier which is almost certainly NOT blackberry.net to get it working.

I have a friend who bought an unlocked Q5 and it worked with its legacy BIS plan offered by our carrier, so I've seen with my own eyes that it is posible to use it in BB 10 devices.
    Might want to ask them lol
    01-04-15 05:15 PM