I am interested in purchasing a Blackberry Priv (Verizon Network) upgrading from my Z30. I would like to know if there's a case for the Priv that prevents the slider from working. I have no desire to use the physical keyboard and would like a case to keep the Priv from sliding. Does a case like that exist?
    08-17-16 11:36 AM
    If it's designed for the Priv, then the case will allow the keyboard to slide out. That's the design of the phone.

I suppose you could always just apply some real sticky tape to "lock" the keyboard into the retracted position. And you could always undo it at a more desireable time when you want the keyboard to slide out.
    If it's designed for the Priv, then the case will allow the keyboard to slide out. That's the design of the phone.

I suppose you could always just apply some real sticky tape to "lock" the keyboard into the retracted position. And you could always undo it at a more desireable time when you want the keyboard to slide out.
    08-17-16 11:55 AM
    Being a Verizon makes the Priv your only new BlackBerry option.
    Tough spot to be in since you wanted all touch.

I'd suggest maybe reaching out to those people that make custom cases on Etsy. Might be pricey, but probably best shot at getting what you're looking for.

 Passport/SQW100-3  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    08-17-16 01:02 PM
    Why not just ever open it?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-17-16 01:23 PM
    Why not just ever open it?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Kinda what I was thinking. To be honest, coming from a z30 and all touch androids prior to the priv, I didn't hink I'd use the pkb either. I do. Alot. Even if it's just for scrolling. I put a tempered glass screen protector on that kinda messes with some letters on the edge and makes vkb typing harder. I'm using the pkb a lot more than I was even a week ago because of it. If you don't want to use it then just don't. It's not like the pkb opens automatically or just falls out. You actually have to be deliberate

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-17-16 01:30 PM
    Kinda what I was thinking. To be honest, coming from a z30 and all touch androids prior to the priv, I didn't hink I'd use the pkb either. I do. Alot. Even if it's just for scrolling. I put a tempered glass screen protector on that kinda messes with some letters on the edge and makes vkb typing harder. I'm using the pkb a lot more than I was even a week ago because of it. If you don't want to use it then just don't. It's not like the pkb opens automatically or just falls out. You actually have to be deliberate

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    Exactly

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    08-21-16 01:46 AM
    Krazy Glue?

*ME173X
    08-21-16 06:13 AM
    I used to think that these posts were ridiculous and it was such a crazy notion to have a slider phone and not want to use the physical keyboard.

Since then, my mind has changed a bit and the ONLY type of case that this would make sense for is an extremely rugged Otterbox style case. For extreme protection, it would make sense to keep the moving parts in place. My Z10 in the Otterbox was a brick (in a good and indestructible way). The Otterbox I had on my old Torch was lame. I ended up using the device naked because the case winded up being much flimsier because it allowed for the slide mechanism.

Anyway, just my two cents. It doesn't exist, but I have come to think that there might actually be a reason for it.
    08-21-16 06:34 AM