Is there any legitimate call recorder app on BlackBerry World or Amazon Appstore? All I see is a bunch of useless call recording apps on both BlackBerry World and Amazon Appstore

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 09:25 AM
    What is your definition of legitimate? What sort of feature are you looking for?

Sine stercore tauri
    03-29-16 11:31 AM
    Have you tried the one that is free for this month?
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/emu/2495

Is there any legitimate call recorder app?-img_20160329_125558.png

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    03-29-16 11:57 AM
    Is there any legitimate call recorder app on BlackBerry World or Amazon Appstore? All I see is a bunch of useless call recording apps on both BlackBerry World and Amazon Appstore

Posted via CB10
    I use Call Recorder (X-reve) almost daily. I've also used Record My Call (Runisoft), Parrot and a slew of others from time to time. They're legitimate. I'm assuming perhaps though that your frustration stems from the inability of the call recorders to record both sides of the conversation at equal volume (incoming side of the conversation is always lower). This failure is a result of Blackberry not releasing the API required to enable that feature - the developers aren't to blame.

You can achieve near perfect recordings of both sides of the conversation if you enable the speakerphone. While I understand that this isn't always practical, it performs the intended job well. Others have reported mixed success maximizing the volume on regular calls although I haven't (when I've tried it). I don't know whether that is the result of different OS, hardware, or user bias.

In any case, if you've a call that requires high recording quality then the best you'll achieve until Blackberry releases the API (which is likely never) is to simply turn on the speakerphone.
    03-29-16 01:08 PM
    Thanks Semime

Posted via CB10
    semime likes this.
    03-30-16 04:43 PM