I have blackberry keyone Indian model, and expecting a good quality camera in my keyone since it has used the same sensor as it is there in the google pixel but image procesing is not up to that mark. Also IPS LCD is good but not justifying the pixel strength given for the phone means it could be better if BB update its UI for the phone and give true black options rather than giving dark theme option. It would be great if BB can do little more in this area and update its camera and display options through software update.
    10-31-17 01:00 AM
    Camera update... sure there will be one at some point.

That said the camera sensor is only a small part of the end results. Imagining processor is a big part of why the Pixel got such great reviews last year. So no software patch is going to change the fact that the SD625 is not a SD835 when it comes to image processing.

As for the display... you want true Black, you should have bought a device with an AMOLED display. LCDs are known for not being able deliver deep Black colors.
    10-31-17 09:28 AM
    I have blackberry keyone Indian model, and expecting a good quality camera in my keyone since it has used the same sensor as it is there in the google pixel but image procesing is not up to that mark. Also IPS LCD is good but not justifying the pixel strength given for the phone means it could be better if BB update its UI for the phone and give true black options rather than giving dark theme option. It would be great if BB can do little more in this area and update its camera and display options through software update.
    It has the same sensor but not the same image processing; you'd need Google's engineers to all jump ship and join BlackBerry for that to happen.

The best you can do is hope for an OS update to make the camera better; it will never be Pixel-level, but there's still room for improvement. You could try the KEYone camera updates available on APKmirror to see if they do anything different.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-31-17 09:34 AM