I am receiving texts and voicemails that are marked as coming from a different contact than the one who sent them on my Blackberry Key 2.

If I actually buy another BlackBerry and transfer my SIM card - will I continue to have the same problem? I am desperate to resolve it and desperate to stay with Blackberry, but this current situation cannot continue.
    Last edited by LEnzel; 11-01-20 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Want to add another question.
    08-15-20 06:41 AM
    I am receiving texts and voicemails that are marked as coming from a different contact than the one who sent them on my Blackberry Key 2.
    Contacts may have been merged by accident.

Check the alleged contact in your address book and also check the real contact in your address book and make sure the details are correct pay attention to the telephone numbers.
    Scroll to the bottom of each contact and checked for additional contacts screens you may have to separate them use the three dots at the top right then touch separate then touch the one you need to separate and confirm with the tick.
    08-15-20 08:07 AM
    Thanks for your response.

It is not any one contact and happens randomly, more frequently in the past couple of weeks. Not sure if it is related to an update? Oddly, today, someone who I text with all the time responded to a text I sent him and my Messages only showed his phone number and not his associated name. I checked his contact and others and see nothing untoward about them.
    08-15-20 11:28 AM
    I still have these problems. Seriously considering switching to an IPhone SE after 3 decades of Blackberries. I have sent numerous messages to tcl.mobile.care@tcl.com with no response. I believe it is some sort of problem with the OS and it is getting worse. Most messages that go to voicemail will play an old message from another contact instead of whatever message the caller left for me. Likewise, when texting with a contact, their response will suddenly show up on a previous text from another person. It is untenable.
    10-31-20 02:12 AM
    This sounds weird. The voicemail thing you explain almost sounds to me like the carrier could also be mixing something up. Is the voicemail service a carrier based one? Or do you mean voicemail to text or something like that?
    10-31-20 07:29 AM
    It is just Voicemail - friend will call me - it shows the call coming from him/her, but when I play the message, it is an old message from someone else who may not even be in my contacts.
    11-01-20 12:41 PM
    ...and the voicemails all actually reside on the carrier's infrastructure I presume?
    11-01-20 06:37 PM