Hey all --

Just recently made the switch back to BB after being with iPhone for...ever (original BB curve user here!) Saw that the KeyOne was out -- ran to purchase. Love it, however...

Texting...these have been my issues.

1. The preinstalled text app was not useful. (didn't like interface or lack of features). So I downloaded Textra.
    2. Since switching phones, I have not been getting texts from only SOME of my iOS user friends (and yes, I did turn off messenger on all of my apple products) But other people have gotten through. Is there a way to fix this?
    3. Media files (videos, gifs, etc.) come through from others really grainy and are very poor quality. I am sure there is a setting somewhere I have missed!
    4. Is there some way to modify the blinking light for certain contacts? One of my FAVORITE features from bb curve.
    5. If there is a better text app, please let me know. I have considered Yaata and Signal but I have to be able to text with iOS people, send gifs, photos, videos and multiple people at the same time. Oh and I would like some emoji's here and there.

If anyone has any help, I would greatly appreciate it! So glad to be back to BB.

07-27-17 10:11 PM
    2. Since switching phones, I have not been getting texts from only SOME of my iOS user friends (and yes, I did turn off messenger on all of my apple products) But other people have gotten through. Is there a way to fix this?

You need to have both iMessage and Facetime deactivated. See this link: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

If you no longer have the iPhone, see the instructions under "No longer have your iPhone?"

Once you've done this, you should be good with Textra -- it's one of the best SMS/MMS apps.
    07-27-17 11:25 PM
    3. Media files (videos, gifs, etc.) come through from others really grainy and are very poor quality. I am sure there is a setting somewhere I have missed!

This is actually an issue with your network not the phone. It only receives what is being sent after it is processed through your carrier.

Any text app can text with all people. The ios people just need to use regular text instead. There is no difference in apps except what the developers offer in it.
    07-28-17 02:19 AM