I was having a problem with blackberry assistant getting in my way (which I think I've sorted). When I was trying to sort this problem out, I restarted my phone to see if that would help.

Not long before I restarted, I sent a text to someone, and a little while later I saw that I had a new text message (which I didn't read).

After my restart, not only is there no new text message anymore, but the original text I sent to my friend is also not showing in the chat history?

Does anyone have any idea why a sent and received text would disappear after a restart?? (The whole text history between me and that person is still there, except for the 2 messages sent and received today).

Thanks!
    03-03-15 12:56 PM
    I was having a problem with blackberry assistant getting in my way (which I think I've sorted). When I was trying to sort this problem out, I restarted my phone to see if that would help.

Not long before I restarted, I sent a text to someone, and a little while later I saw that I had a new text message (which I didn't read).

After my restart, not only is there no new text message anymore, but the original text I sent to my friend is also not showing in the chat history?

Does anyone have any idea why a sent and received text would disappear after a restart?? (The whole text history between me and that person is still there, except for the 2 messages sent and received today).

Thanks!
    Might want to play with your time zone settings, change and change back
    Sounds like either your messages are hiding under the wrong date or actually disappeared, in which case I have no answer.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-03-15 12:59 PM
    Thanks, I did consider it could be a time/date problem, and had a scroll up the chat history to find the messages, to no avail.

I did what you suggested and messed around with time/date settings and did a restart. Unfortunately this hasn't helped. Very strange that texts would just randomly disappear.

Thank you for your response. Any other thoughts would be appreciated (the text isn't massively important but I kinda really want to know why it would happen!!)
    03-03-15 01:15 PM
    Thanks, I did consider it could be a time/date problem, and had a scroll up the chat history to find the messages, to no avail.

I did what you suggested and messed around with time/date settings and did a restart. Unfortunately this hasn't helped. Very strange that texts would just randomly disappear.

Thank you for your response. Any other thoughts would be appreciated (the text isn't massively important but I kinda really want to know why it would happen!!)
    try opening the text message section of the hub, tap on the date and delete prior. On earlier versions of bb10 conversations would become corrupt and iirc would be listed under the wrong contact name. Deleting all texts would fix the problem.

If you want to try deleting your texts, you may want to back them up first using the www.deviceswitch.com app.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-03-15 01:30 PM
    Update: The strangest thing has just happened, and I am left puzzled.

- As per your suggestion, I deleted all my texts and left it as that.
    - I texted a couple of people since then, including the person whose text was deleted the first time.
    - My phone battery died, and so I plugged the phone in and turned it back on.
    - Now, all of the messages that were deleted have reappeared, but only up until the point at which I deleted them.
    - The new texts sent and received since the deletion are now all gone!!

What on earth is going on?!

Edit: This could be helpful - I've also just noticed that after turning my phone back on, any calls I've made since Monday 2nd (when this basically started) have also disappeared from my call history.

Thanks!
    Last edited by eclef; 03-05-15 at 08:31 AM.
    03-05-15 08:20 AM
    Further update: My recent whatsapp messages have gone too, as well as pictures. It seems that whenever the blackberry restarts, its reverting everything back to how it was a few days ago.

I tried a battery pull too. Help appreciated. Cheers
    Last edited by eclef; 03-05-15 at 10:04 AM.
    03-05-15 09:28 AM
    Sorry for the chain of posts but I thought I'd offer my update.

After doing a master reset and installing an autoloader OS, I saw that every time I restarted my phone, it would revert back to 'factory settings' and any changes weren't saved. Every time I restarted, the blue light was on my phone.

After some research I saw this blue LED/master reset on restart problem was quite a common one. I eventually found a fix released by BB within the last week or so - I had to download this blackberry fix software, and it has worked for me - my settings and changes now remain when I restart the phone.

Thanks for the help on this matter.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    03-06-15 10:50 AM