My Blackberry classic has had glitches from the onset. Particularly when sending texts. It constantly freezes and I have to reboot. I have tried deleting past texts as well as minimizing photos and videos stored on the phone. In the past two weeks, I have started receiving texts from Iphone users written in Chinese characters. Long texts.
    Is this possibly a virus on the phone. Att is no help and won't replace the phone. I am paying for it monthly. They said to try to restore the phone to factory settings. I am afraid I will lose all the info stored on my phone in the bast year. I am not knowledgeable enough to know how to complete this. Has anyone experienced this? I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.
    Last edited by matisseolivier; 10-21-16 at 01:17 PM. Reason: typos
    10-21-16 01:15 PM
    Restoring the phone to factory settings or even reinstalling the OS through BB link seems to be your only option at this point. Either way, just save your data (photos and whatever else you feel like saving) on blink before you perform any of these actions.
    10-21-16 01:57 PM
    Thank you. I am embarrassed to say I don't know how to save them on blink and I am worried I won't be able to put my data back on my device after this. Is this something blackberry or att would be able to walk me through?
    Thank you for your time.
    10-21-16 02:18 PM
    As previous poster said, use BlackBerry Link to back up your device. You have installed BlackBerry link on your PC have you?

And before you do a factory reset make sure you log out of BlackBerry Protect.

After your device has completed the factory reset then you can restore your data, again using BlackBerry link.

Please note, the Chinese text from apple users has been reported on cb already, and apparently it is an apple bug - and it's not actually Chinese, just machine garbage.

Post again as you are going through the BlackBerry link process if you have any questions or concerns.

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    10-21-16 02:23 PM
    Another thought, write down your BlackBerry ID prior to doing the factory reset, cos you will need it to sign back into your device after the factory reset.

If you do a Google search you will find the BlackBerry link info on BlackBerry's main site.

--Classic, 9700, Playbook, flip - posted using crackberry app --
    10-21-16 02:29 PM