For ages (incl. BlackBerry 7) I'm trying to find a text editor with search function. If I open a .txt file, it's opened in a viewer which doesn't have search functionality. If I want to search in that file, I have to click edit which opens the Docs to Go application. How cumbersome is that? Two apps for opening/searching a text file. I've tried many of the apps available at BlackBerry World but I still have no solution which integrates opening a .txt file for editing with search functionality. Any suggestions?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    12-09-14 12:14 AM
    For ages (incl. BlackBerry 7) I'm trying to find a text editor with search function. If I open a .txt file, it's opened in a viewer which doesn't have search functionality. If I want to search in that file, I have to click edit which opens the Docs to Go application. How cumbersome is that? Two apps for opening/searching a text file. I've tried many of the apps available at BlackBerry World but I still have no solution which integrates opening a .txt file for editing with search functionality. Any suggestions?

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Is there maybe an android or iOS app that can do this?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-14 05:36 AM
    App called "Noted" can do that, it is in the BB world and even has the "Built for BB" certification. I have tried several text-editor apps. Out of those I ran into, this one is so far the only one that has:
    - Search capability
    - UTF-8
    - No annoying bugs

The app is primarily intended for note-taking. But you can add a note that is actually a link to a plain text file. You are in turn able to edit the text file. This kind of interface is actually ideal for frequent editing of several text files.
    08-28-15 11:32 AM
    Yes, I've tried it. When it comes to searching a larger .txt file, it nearly freezes and it takes forever. Not better than the native DocsToGo alternative.
    08-28-15 11:18 PM
    My app TextEdit HD does it. Not sure if it's what your looking for though

Check out Text Edit HD in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/25488873

Text Editor with Search for BlackBerry 10?-img_20150828_231504.png
    Text Editor with Search for BlackBerry 10?-img_20150828_231445.png
    Text Editor with Search for BlackBerry 10?-img_20150828_231442.png

I have an update coming down the pipe that brings some nice addons as well

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    08-29-15 01:16 AM