Hi all- I'm technologically challenged - I just got a new laptop running windows 8.1. I need to be able to tether my phone(Q10) to the laptop for some business meetings. For the life of me, I can't figure it out. I've got Internet tethering on and using bluetooth- laptop and phone recognize each other, but no Internet. Can anyone explain how to do this in the best way that doesn't use too many technical terms. I found a few threads here, but I don't understand what's being said. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 02:23 AM
    To connect your laptop to internet through your mobile phone, turn on the mobile hotspot, and connect your laptop to it in wifi, not bluetooth.

Bluetooth may work wit h the modem mode, but I never tried.
    09-06-14 11:03 AM
    Do you want to transfer files wirelessly from your computer to your Q10?
    09-06-14 11:09 AM
    I was needing to tether Internet as my home Internet wasn't working. Thank you- I did figure out how

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 12:16 AM
    I was needing to tether Internet as my home Internet wasn't working. Thank you- I did figure out how

Posted via CB10
    How did u go about it? I've had the same issues with mine, I use internet tethering on my office desktop with a USB cable and it works fine but doesn't work on my laptop, except I use wifi hotspot (which is not the same as the former). So which were you able to do? Wifi or internet tethering (USB or bluetooth)?
    09-28-14 01:13 AM
    I figured out with bluetooth. Turn on bluetooth on computer and then on phone. Make sure phone Internet tethering is also on. This was my error. Internet tethering is located on same screen as bluetooth on phone. Just scroll down and turn on. Then, your computer will read it and generate a number. I also did mobile hot spot- this was with a laptop- not sure how to use with a desktop. Hope that helps?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 01:52 PM