I want to transfer photos on Z10 to my computer but Blackberry Blend/Link software keeps giving me warning the Z10 volumes are not mounting...and cannot utilize the normal drag & drop photos from Z10 device to computer's photo folders (message says, "An error occured mounting Blackberry volumes. Please reconnect your device [E:0x180]". I have over 1000 photos to transfer & don't want to activate new iPhone until that transfer is accomplished. AT&T hasn't been any help.
    12-06-21 04:56 PM
    I want to transfer photos on Z10 to my computer but Blackberry Blend/Link software keeps giving me warning the Z10 volumes are not mounting...and cannot utilize the normal drag & drop photos from Z10 device to computer's photo folders (message says, "An error occured mounting Blackberry volumes. Please reconnect your device [E:0x180]". I have over 1000 photos to transfer & don't want to activate new iPhone until that transfer is accomplished. AT&T hasn't been any help.
    Transfer them to your computer via SD card.
    12-06-21 10:03 PM
    Thanks Ambassador...I will try to install a micro SD card and transfer the photos...before I do that I am also going to try and use file manager to move the photos to a folder that lets me gain access via the "Mass Storage" option. I am able to open certain folders when the device becomes recognized as an individual drive on my computer tree. I do appreciate your quick response. Col. T.
    12-07-21 11:55 PM
    Thanks Ambassador...I will try to install a micro SD card and transfer the photos...before I do that I am also going to try and use file manager to move the photos to a folder that lets me gain access via the "Mass Storage" option. I am able to open certain folders when the device becomes recognized as an individual drive on my computer tree. I do appreciate your quick response. Col. T.
    That will actually work better.

A few things to remember (unless you already know):

Mass Storage Mode only works for the SD card. You won't have access to the internal memory while connecting to the PC.

Using the Z10 File Manager, you won't have access to the SD card while connected either.

So, you'll have to transfer the files you need to the SD card first, then connect to the PC, and then copy from the SD card to the PC.

Just to go back to the original issue, is this on a Windows PC?

If so, the issue with mounting the drives through Link is related to its reliance on SMB v1 to do that. Windows disabled SMB v1 several years ago by default because it's a serious security risk that can be breached easily by rogue malware. You can re-enable it to use Link if you wish. Just know it is a risk. Although, admittedly it depends on your online activities. You can just as easily disable it once you're done if copying stuff off the Z10 is all you do.

I will say that mounting the device memory as network drives is extremely slow. On my PC, it takes up to a half a minute just to read any subfolders beyond the root folder. Then again if you go deeper. It's just annoying. If you copy more than one file at a time, go make dinner, then have desert, and maybe it'll be completed when you're done.

It wasn't like that in the early BB10 days. But as the OS version got higher, access got slower.
    12-08-21 10:55 AM
    Thanks for the response Joel...I was able to select photos from File Manager/Device/various folders containing photos and "move" them 250 at a time over to a "new folder" I created in Media Card folder...then selected mass storage access and opened the BB drive letter on my computer tree...then select and move photos over to a folder in my "Pictures" . Over 2 thousand photos took a while at 250 per sortie...but by 3:30 A.M. I was through the worst of it. I moved about 5 gigs of images. I'll do some final cleanup today and activate this iPhone AT&T sent...thanks again, Col T.
    12-09-21 03:37 PM
    Thanks for the response Joel...I was able to select photos from File Manager/Device/various folders containing photos and "move" them 250 at a time over to a "new folder" I created in Media Card folder...then selected mass storage access and opened the BB drive letter on my computer tree...then select and move photos over to a folder in my "Pictures" . Over 2 thousand photos took a while at 250 per sortie...but by 3:30 A.M. I was through the worst of it. I moved about 5 gigs of images. I'll do some final cleanup today and activate this iPhone AT&T sent...thanks again, Col T.
    Glad you got it worked out.
    12-09-21 06:39 PM