a fellow south carolinian! thought i was the only one here :/ lol
    Lol and yes I get around the state quite a bit as well. Travel all the time throughout the upstate and Columbia area.
    09-23-14 02:41 PM
    Good Luck with AT&T may the force be with you.
    I tried T-Mobile for a month. Where they have LTE in Greenville and Columbia, SC it's fast and works really well. My problem is I do so much traveling through the state and once I got outside of the cities I would drop to basically no coverage where with ATT I can keep LTE in between the cities most times with the right device. TMobile doesn't seem to roam in the outlying areas as well for me.
    09-23-14 02:43 PM
    Another CSR-contact report of dubious value. Take it with multiple grains of salt...
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-23-14 02:45 PM
    Often one hand of AT&T has no idea of the other hand. Look back to all the different comments came from them concerning prior updates for the Z10. Until BlackBerry makes the formal announcements I would not be that concerned. Remember yesterday it was posted here in CB about how the phone would sell for $599 in the U.S. If they release a price for the U.S. then I would think they have in mind one or more carriers that will be carrying the phone or they will be making it available so that we can purchase direct.
    mlbrowninsc likes this.
    09-23-14 02:46 PM
    Correct. Not sure why they would give us a US price if the phone was not supported by any of the US carriers. I don't care if ATT wants to sell the phone or not, just give me a device that has all the correct bands and I'm good to go. Would actually prefer it that way so I don't have to rely on updates to be approved by the carrier.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-23-14 02:49 PM
    Direct sales will provide direct updates in the future. AT&T is the world's worst carrier when it come to releasing timely updates. For me no more carrier purchased phones because they refuse to sell them off contract unlocked., I was in a company store a few weeks back concerning replacing my wife's Iphone and was told it did not matter if I bought it off contract or on contract it would be locked to AT&T's network. So I went elsewhere to buy.
    09-23-14 02:58 PM
    Well Crap...With the Z10 and Z30, I went direct or 3rd party (gsmnation) and I am really hoping that the Passport is available direct for AT&T with LTE support. This is the only think I would like to change on my Z30 is the lack of LTE where I live on AT&T. Without LTE I will probably pass. With...then I am all over it.
    09-23-14 03:24 PM
    I was told from Customer Service and a Manager @ AT&T if they were getting BB Passport or the Classic and the reply was NO more BlackBerry for AT&T. my respond back to then is I will then CLOSE all my 4 line and switch to T-Mobile as a effected right away.
    T-Mobile is now doing some negotiable with BlackBerry and it seem good new.
    and do you think they care about losing a customer? They have 117 millions wireless customers
    09-23-14 03:25 PM
    Not sure why they would give us a US price if the phone was not supported by any of the US carriers.
    BlackBerry may be selling direct on their website and not necessarily through any US carriers. Just because they released a price, does not mean any US carriers are going to carry the device. Just going to have to wait and see.
    09-23-14 03:27 PM
    True we will know more in a few hours. Lack of AT&T LTE will be a deal breaker for me as well. One of the other post on here though showed what looked like all the correct bands going through the fcc but I could be wrong.

Z30 on AT&T
    09-23-14 03:37 PM
    Hopefully BlackBerry does not break-down the Passport into different sub models like they did with the Z10, Q10 and Z30. If they do, what are the chances they will have models with the correct bands for any of the US Carriers if none of them officially carry it.
    rcab likes this.
    09-23-14 03:43 PM
    At least you're not as hopeless as us poor Verizon saps. You could still technically buy an unlocked model directly from BlackBerry (eventually), or from a Canadian carrier and use it on AT&T.
    I have a VZW Z30, anyone from at&t say that....anyone. To clarify a Verizon Z30, not a Z30 on Verizon. And before they ran out they were $99. on contract, not to shabby for a beast of a device. They are the BB ist selling mother scratching Bastegis out there in the US, I mean walk into a store and you get "your still using a BB?" but they "support" BB the most in the US.
    lift likes this.
    09-23-14 03:53 PM
    Perhaps the phone will only be sold via shopblackberry in the US.
    I think it might be even more so because when asked about pricing, John Chen quoted the OFF CONTRACT price.

Media reps usually quote the contract price so that it can seem cheaper.
    app_Developer and lift like this.
    09-23-14 04:42 PM
    Perhaps the phone will only be sold via shopblackberry in the US.
    I think it might be even more so because when asked about pricing, John Chen quoted the OFF CONTRACT price.

Media reps usually quote the contract price so that it can seem cheaper.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. If any US carrier is going to carry the Passport it will be Verizon. They have carried the most BlackBerry devices. If they don't end-up carrying it. Then people in the US are going to be really disappointed.
    09-23-14 10:14 PM
    I was just at ATT the other day (a corporate store) while my buddy got a new S5 (his S3 died) and I asked "Can you see new phones in your system, like before they're released?"

She said: "No, we're lucky to see them the day before they're out, but for the most part they show up the day of."

So...I would take this with a grain of salt.
    09-23-14 10:35 PM
    Depends on the city you are in. LTE works fine if you live in area with the correct bands.
    Check it out: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cities-918436/
    Not entirely accurate; I've been all over Houston and not seen LTE on my Z30 on AT&T. Conflicting info in that thread regarding Houston but I can personally tell you the answer is "no."

Richard
    09-24-14 08:30 AM
    I have a VZW Z30, anyone from at&t say that....anyone. To clarify a Verizon Z30, not a Z30 on Verizon. And before they ran out they were $99. on contract, not to shabby for a beast of a device. They are the BB ist selling mother scratching Bastegis out there in the US, I mean walk into a store and you get "your still using a BB?" but they "support" BB the most in the US.
    I had a CS crack a smile when I mentioned BlackBerry Passport the other day. With a **** eating grin said no. His lucky day. No cameras......mean accidents happen to clumbsy ppl.
    09-24-14 09:21 AM
    Not entirely accurate; I've been all over Houston and not seen LTE on my Z30 on AT&T. Conflicting info in that thread regarding Houston but I can personally tell you the answer is "no."

Richard
    I was through Houston and can confirm that inside the city limits I received no LTE on my Z30 but 25-30 miles north and south of the city I did get LTE.
    09-24-14 11:01 PM
43 12