I want to buy an unlocked AT&T Blackberry passport and bring it to T-Mobile which I been for years for I just want to make sure if the device will work ok, I mean, I would have all functionality like if the device were originally from T-Mobile?
    06-19-15 11:48 PM
    It won't have WiFi calling or voice over LTE (voLTE.) But since TMO does not sell a Passport, this is the best you're going to get.
    06-20-15 12:26 AM
    I believe you can install the WiFi calling app for Tmobile from BBW, it is under Tmobile picks. I have a Q10 I bought from India working on Tmobile. Never tried WiFi calling as I am not aware if any charges are levied.

An AT&T Passport unlocked to T-mobile will work good?-img_20150619_223930.png

Posted via CB10 on the  Q10 with OS 10.3.2.304
    06-20-15 12:39 AM
    An AT&T Passport unlocked to T-mobile will work good?-img_20150619_224028.png

Posted via CB10 on the  Q10 with OS 10.3.2.304
    06-20-15 12:40 AM
    You will not get 4GLTE signal. You will only get the E. Your internet speed will also be extremely low. I think you would be wasting your money. I'm on T-Mobile with the Passport but I bought the unlocked phone from Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 06:02 AM
    I believe you can install the WiFi calling app for Tmobile from BBW, it is under Tmobile picks. I have a Q10 I bought from India working on Tmobile. Never tried WiFi calling as I am not aware if any charges are levied.
    No. That app is like a light switch. The feature itself that the app toggles is intrinsic to the OS but only available on the models of phones TMO sells.

You will not get 4GLTE signal. You will only get the E. Your internet speed will also be extremely low. I think you would be wasting your money. I'm on T-Mobile with the Passport but I bought the unlocked phone from Blackberry.
    Absolutely false. The AT&T Passport has the same radio bands necessary for TMO as the unlocked Passport.
    06-20-15 09:14 AM
    Is there any real difference between the at&t branded passport and the shop bberry version? I believe at&t lists different specs. Or is this like the supposedly "unique" Z10 for at&t that turned out to be the same as all the other 100-3 models?
    06-20-15 09:55 AM
    Is there any real difference between the at&t branded passport and the shop bberry version? I believe at&t lists different specs. Or is this like the supposedly "unique" Z10 for at&t that turned out to be the same as all the other 100-3 models?
    The AT&T Passport is missing LTE band 13. They don't list a few bands (TMO's UMTS 1700...predictably, but also a couple of European bands, oddly) but the only difference bands-wise is LTE band 13, which is not a big deal--it's Verizon's in the US and in testing in Canada.

We found them out by comparing screenshots of an AT&T Passport with an AT&T and a TMO SIM.
    06-20-15 11:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not true. I just switched from att to tmobile and brought my BlackBerry passport along. Paid my ETF fee, and att unlocked the device. Now I get 4glte on tmobile.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 06:57 PM