Last edited by DrJoe; 05-28-20 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Please delete this thread
    07-11-17 07:55 AM
    Hi all,

I have been using a BB9860 for ~5.5 years (because of PocketInformant synch with Outlook). It synched to Outlook 2016 on Windows 7 by way of the PocketInformant add-in to BB desktop, although I only synched Calendar and Tasks to PI, and used the native BB desktop Organizer to synch Outlook Contacts and Memos to the BB9860. It has worked for many years, including after my previous laptop switch to Win 7 in 2013; a bit clunky, but on-the-whole reliably.

Today, my University's IT dept upgraded my laptop from a Windows 7 machine to Windows 10. I installed BB desktop as usual, but attempts to synch the Organizer (Contacts and Memos) fails - it just keeps chugging along and never stops... It requires a Task Manager kill to end the pain... I have not even gone near PocketInformant...

Has anyone ever had this problem? And if so, did you solve it? is this The End of BB9860 synch to Outlook?

One of these years I will likely upgrade to a DTEK, but probably not until the one after the 60 (70?).

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,and cheers from Australia,
    DrJoe
    Its probably dead. Win 10 has very high security built in and needs certain clearance.
    07-11-17 07:02 PM
    Its probably dead. Win 10 has very high security built in and needs certain clearance.
    Try one thing, try to compatibility mode.
    07-12-17 05:14 PM
    Office 2016 may have more or less removed the sync components. The Outlook sync feature is a relic from the days of POP email. Almost every major email provider now is moving towards some degree of ActiveSync, or an equivalent that allows for contact and calendar sync.

You're also looking at a device that's quite old at this point, and software that really hasn't seen support past the Windows XP or Vista days so between a much newer operating system and a much newer Office application the time for those old sync methods may be gone.

Do you happen to know what the university uses for email?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-17 07:47 AM
    Office 2016 may have more or less removed the sync components. The Outlook sync feature is a relic from the days of POP email. Almost every major email provider now is moving towards some degree of ActiveSync, or an equivalent that allows for contact and calendar sync.

You're also looking at a device that's quite old at this point, and software that really hasn't seen support past the Windows XP or Vista days so between a much newer operating system and a much newer Office application the time for those old sync methods may be gone.

Do you happen to know what the university uses for email?

Posted via CB10

Pop a relic.....lol
    07-13-17 07:09 PM