Someone has asked me about upgrading their ancient 9720 to a DTEK 50/60. They use Ms Office Outlook 2003 calendar/email synced using Blackberry Desktop Software to their 9720. Is this easy/possible with the DTEK and is it easy to set up?

Background: the guy is elderly, has had a stroke, and has few people to turn to. He mistakenly believes that since I'm younger I somehow have an intuitive knowledge of all things tech. As such he has browbeaten/puppy eyed me into researching this for him despite not knowing anything about the devices.
    03-10-17 05:20 AM
    Not it's not easy to set up or use.... there are a few 3rd party solutions designed to allow syncing via Android and Desktop Outlook. I did not find them a viable solution.

Was far better to move away from only email systems that don't allow cloud syncing... moving to a free Email like Outlook.com or a paid hosted email account that also uses Activesync is really the best solution.
    03-10-17 07:09 AM
    You can sync your Office Outlook contacts and calendar to Outlook.com and then use your Outlook.com account to automatically sync and backup your phone's contacts and calendar. It takes a bit of research to figure out how to sync the various Office Outlook versions, but it works very well for me.
    03-10-17 01:53 PM
    Another option is Akruto. The app will definitely help you with syncing calendar events between Outlook and Android calendar app. It's very easy to setup and has a quite simple interface so even your not tech-savvy friend will be able to work with this software. Here's the link to their official website with video tutorial.
    However, this software would not help you with syncing mail, so you would probably need to use the default Android mail app. Or in case you want some all-in-one-box solution, you should try using Outlook.com cloud as suggested above.
    03-23-17 06:02 PM