Hi all and Merry Christmas!

Bought my Classic last Thursday from Bell in North Vancouver, BC for MY christmas present! Liking it a lot, first smartphone, retired my antique Motorola Krazor flip phone. Own a bunch of BB stock and want to support the company.

Anyway, when I put the earbud in and try to answer a call with the button on the bud headset the call goes direct to voicemail. This function WAS working perfectly before I started fiddling.

No ear bud in and answer keyboard call button and no problem caller is there.

Earbud works fine initiating phone calls, no problem.

Must be something simple that I scr3w3d up fiddling in settings/notifications?

More questions re:LED alerts, vibrate functions and assistant, but will start other threads.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff AKA oldcarguy
    12-23-14 10:49 AM
    OK folks, here is the solution; press QUICKLY to answer a call or press LONGER to send call directly to Voice Mail.

Simple huh? Frustratingly simple for me, but satisfying to know the functions now!

When not calling, the ear bud button also activates radio function with a QUICK press and Voice Assistant with a LONG PRESS.

Cheers and Happy New Year!!

OCG
    Try deleting the bud from Bluetooth and start over. Beats me how you could make a setting change to jack that up.
    12-25-14 08:43 AM
    Thanks BBW. Sometimes the bud button will work when BlueTooth active, BB help line suggested this setting and thought that cured the glitch, but still no joy. Sometimes works without BT, which figures as the bud is not BT. Push talk button and take call on buds works of course. Want to work this out as designed. No one else has this problem?
    12-26-14 11:47 AM
    So this isn't a Bluetooth we're talking about? What brand is it, and what settings did BlackBerry suggest?
    12-26-14 12:08 PM
    Not a wireless connection/BlueTooth.

Just the "old school" included earbud headset that come in the box with the Classic for music or hands-free operation and voice commands that plugs into the top of the phone.

BB had me turn BlueTooth on, and that worked a few times then it doesn't. Tried with it off as well and sometimes works or doesn't. Frustrating and not enough time to call them back again but have an open case number so will if I can't resolve. Thinking it must be something simple or a glitch?

Anybody else try this and their results?

Cheers!
    12-26-14 01:16 PM
    I haven't used the earphones in a long time, but would expect them to just work. Don't know why turning Bluetooth on would have any effect. To the best of my recollection, there are no settings for the buds.
    12-26-14 02:00 PM
    but would expect them to just work.
    X 2 Exactly!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-26-14 03:20 PM
    Don't dilly dally calling BlackBerry back if you want action. They'll wait a couple days, and close the case considering it resolved.

Personally, I prefer a good Bluetooth, though that's not going to give you the same listening pleasure for music without spending a bunch. I absolutely love my Plantronics Voyager Pro HD, as does everyone I know who owns one. They don't look it, but they're comfortable as heck, and the sound quality in and out is superb.
    12-26-14 03:52 PM
    I had them keep it open for a week Tuesday for this very reason on my second call to them when they could not resolve it.
    12-26-14 03:57 PM
    OK folks, here is the solution; press QUICKLY to answer a call or press LONGER to send call directly to Voice Mail.

Simple huh? Frustratingly simple for me, but satisfying to know the functions now!

When not calling, the ear bud button also activates radio function with a QUICK press and Voice Assistant with a LONG PRESS.

OCG
    12-28-14 12:11 PM

OCG
    So the solution was RTFM?

Like men do that. Pfffft!
    12-28-14 12:25 PM