Whats the easiest method,without resetting?

Posted with z3
    11-06-19 01:57 PM

Posted with z3
    Delete stuff?
    11-06-19 02:06 PM
    still not much use

Posted with z3
    11-06-19 02:18 PM
    still not much use

Posted with z3
    You're not being clear as to the issue you're having. Post your storage info screenshot.
    11-06-19 04:31 PM
    With only 8 GB to work with, it doesn't take long to fill it up with a few apps since the system can take up 2-5 GB of that.

Only thing to do is delete apps.

If you have photos, music, or other documents delete those, after backing them up to a PC or cloud storage.

Or, move them to an SD card if you have one.

Also. Just rebooting the phone can clear out the cache. You might get some space back.
    11-06-19 08:46 PM
    everything in sd card only,still pop up coming,you are running in in low space

Posted with z3
    11-06-19 08:58 PM
    You're not being clear as to the issue you're having. Post your storage info screenshot.

Posted with z3
    11-06-19 09:00 PM

Posted with z3
    Not using a Z3; you can only do so much with 8GB, even less once you account for the 2-3 GB of the OS.
    11-06-19 10:07 PM
    system-3.95 gb
    apps-1.31 gb
    user files-105 mb
    free-553 mb

when trying to attach screen shot,pop up coming as 'unable to connect crackberry server

Posted with z3
    11-07-19 10:38 AM
    system-3.95 gb
    apps-1.31 gb
    user files-105 mb
    free-553 mb

when trying to attach screen shot,pop up coming as 'unable to connect crackberry server

Posted with z3
    Any system size under 5GB is pretty good/normal. Not much more you can do.

That's the problem with 8GB storage - particularly when it's best to keep 1GB free for best performance.
    11-07-19 11:09 AM
    tnx,any app for removing unwanted files?

Posted with z3
    11-07-19 11:27 AM
    system-3.95 gb
    apps-1.31 gb
    user files-105 mb
    free-553 mb

Posted with z3
    Agree with conite.

All you can do is delete some apps you don't use.

Have you tried just rebooting? That's not a "reset" and you won't lose anything.

Also, the CB10 does have issues attaching files. Might have to use a PC to upload the screenshot.
    11-07-19 11:30 AM

Posted with z3
    Going through and deleting stuff.... an app isn't going to know what you still need or want...

Posted via CB10
    11-07-19 11:33 AM
    Go into apps and delete the cache where you can.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    11-07-19 12:01 PM
    I know for me there was always stuff in the download folder that could be deleted - apks for installed apps (I always copied them to SD).

You could limit the sync time frame for email storage - forever would be a no-no with the Z3

If you have images in BBM or the texting app... deleting those threads could save some space.

But best solution is the start fresh.... reload the OS and limit what you install.
    11-07-19 12:13 PM

Posted with z3
    Hey Jobin,

There is unfortunately not an app specifically for removing unwanted files.

If I may ask, your storage numbers don't add up to the maximum amount for a Z3, so I'm wondering if there might be something else going on here. Are there any Android or Gameloft games on your Z3? Perhaps some other Android apps?

Also, if you go to Storage and Access under Settings, it will tell you how much data each particular app is using, which might be helpful in determining what to delete.
    11-08-19 05:02 PM
    Hey Jobin,

There is unfortunately not an app specifically for removing unwanted files.

If I may ask, your storage numbers don't add up to the maximum amount for a Z3, so I'm wondering if there might be something else going on here. Are there any Android or Gameloft games on your Z3? Perhaps some other Android apps?

Also, if you go to Storage and Access under Settings, it will tell you how much data each particular app is using, which might be helpful in determining what to delete.
    yes,using android apps

Posted with z3
    11-08-19 08:50 PM
    yes,using android apps

Posted with z3
    You might try deleting those, after backing up any critical data of course. Storage and Access will tell you which ones.
    11-08-19 09:15 PM
    Jobin - you’ve got the BB10 gamut of users in your thread. Optimists, pessimists and the realists. I’ve tried using my Z3 recently for the fun of it. Factory reset is your optimum bet if you want to continue using Z3 into next year.

Once you reset, native apps will be your friend. If you’re going to insist on using apks, you need to upgrade to Z30 or Leap depending on what’s compatible in your region.

I have some 8gb Android phones I used for PayPal and Square card processing. Factory installed Android plus system apps can’t even update. In a similar manner, simply put, the Z3 has reached it’s limits with, sorry, your particular use case.
    11-08-19 09:21 PM
    Jobin - you’ve got the BB10 gamut of users in your thread. Optimists, pessimists and the realists. I’ve tried using my Z3 recently for the fun of it. Factory reset is your optimum bet if you want to continue using Z3 into next year.

Once you reset, native apps will be your friend. If you’re going to insist on using apks, you need to upgrade to Z30 or Leap depending on what’s compatible in your region.

I have some 8gb Android phones I used for PayPal and Square card processing. Factory installed Android plus system apps can’t even update. In a similar manner, simply put, the Z3 has reached it’s limits with, sorry, your particular use case.
    I have a Q5 that I live, but I agree that it simply doesn't have enough storage space to accommodate many apps. Also, make sure than all photos, videos and downloads are going to the SD card!

11-08-19 09:33 PM
    I have a Q5 that I live, but I agree that it simply doesn't have enough storage space to accommodate many apps. Also, make sure than all photos, videos and downloads are going to the SD card!

The Q5 is my other BB10 device that still rides around with me. Same problems as my Z3 though. Only native apps. Primary on both is CB10 of course.
    11-08-19 09:42 PM