I'm thinking of buying the first BB as the main cell phone, but I'd like to hear from anyone who uses the system the longest
    10-04-17 12:00 AM
    Personally... I wouldn't buy any four/five year technology.
    Personally... I wouldn't buy anything from a company that has gone out of business - and BlackBerry has gone out of the HARDWARE and BB10 business.
    Personally.... I wouldn't have even had bought a BB10 devices if I had known where things would end up. I bought a Z10 when there was some hope of a future.

Whatever the price your looking at, there is an Android phone with better hardware and a newer version of Android (and one that is really compatible). I'd only suggest buying one if the money means nothing to you and you have taken some time to fully understand what BB10 is and isn't.
    10-04-17 09:02 AM
    If your smartphone needs are basic (calls/sms/email/pda functions) and apps aren't a necessity, go for it.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    10-04-17 09:43 AM
    Personally... I wouldn't buy any four/five year technology.
    Personally... I wouldn't buy anything from a company that has gone out of business - and BlackBerry has gone out of the HARDWARE and BB10 business.
    Personally.... I wouldn't have even had bought a BB10 devices if I had known where things would end up. I bought a Z10 when there was some hope of a future.

Whatever the price your looking at, there is an Android phone with better hardware and a newer version of Android (and one that is really compatible). I'd only suggest buying one if the money means nothing to you and you have taken some time to fully understand what BB10 is and isn't.
    Thanks, from what I've been reading about ... I think the BB experience goes for future purchase with a newer handset if there is
    10-04-17 01:50 PM
    If you enjoy the phone and it does what you need which is pretty much everything but apps, and (slowly), a working browser... then you should get it. the browsers you can always dl a different browser at least for a while. the core apps/os is still solid and enjoyable. a Z30 is still a beast for media, until new formats comes out that is not supported, but with hdmi out and OTG, it can still be very useful.
    10-04-17 01:56 PM
    Thanks, from what I've been reading about ... I think the BB experience goes for future purchase with a newer handset if there is
    The PRIV, DTEK50 and DTEK60 along with the KEYone are all BlackBerry's that are running BlackBerry's Android Experience.
    10-04-17 02:09 PM
    Do what I do, get one of each OS. BB phones are cheap now. You can get a Classic for $45 on amazon. Window 10 phones are less than $100. Android phones can be $0, free.

I hear the Z30 is a great BB10 phone. You must ask yourself if BB10 is good enough for you. Most people will want an android phone.

Personally, I carry a BB7.1 phone which suits my needs, but I do have other phones as backup.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900!
    10-04-17 02:51 PM
    Z30 screen is ancient even compared to todays budget phone standards who use cheap previous gen panels. Pretty amazed how good the screens look on $100 phones these days. The only thing the Z30 can compare with is battery life, still really good as long as you limit how many Android apps you use.
    10-04-17 03:10 PM