Hi Crackberry community,

I am a loyal BB user and have commented on here before but not for a long time.

I currently have a BlackBerry Passport as my main device and a BlackBerry Priv with a data-only sim for $5 more a month. It allows me to access all the android apps.

For the most part, I love my Passport and hate my Priv LOL

I digress, The Passport has taken a beating over the years, but now specifically the mic seems to be broken or something. It is fine on speakerphone and bluetooth, but normally it comes in all fuzzy to the person on the other side.

My questions are as follows. All advice would be greatly appreciated.

1. Is there an easy way to fix this "mic" problem? I'm assuming no but thought I would ask.

2. Will the BlackBerry Passport be supported in all the ways that matter (SMS, email, phone, contacts, calendar) over the next 2-3 years? I don't want to buy another one only to have BB turn it into a glorified paper weight. I still think, minus the apps, it is the greatest phone ever made.

3. Any idea when the KeyOne replacement comes out? I could go back to one phone, but would rather wait for the Keyone's successor for a variety of reasons (updated specs/heard mixed things about the Keyone/maybe I will like new form factor better).
    03-12-18 09:34 PM
    03-12-18 11:59 PM