So I have a BB Passport. I was having issues with my spotifiy app, so I uninstalled it. I go back to the Amazon Appstore and try to download it again, but it is telling me that I already have it installed and in my "my apps". In both the searched spotify view, and in the "my apps" view it has the option to open and not install. When I click on open, it opens spotify just like it would show in the app, but still within the app store. I also go to my settings and my apps manager and it doesn't show that I have a spotify app installed.
    I believe it wasn't uninstalled properly? But I'm not a computer savy person so I don't know. I'm not sure where to go from here because I do have a Spotify account and I would like to listen to the music on the app.....
    03-06-16 09:14 PM
    Sounds like the OS 2876 runtime issue...go to the following link and install. Make sure you are not in Desktop mode.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/39879918

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like the OS 2876 runtime issue...go to the following link and install. Make sure you are not in Desktop mode.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/39879918

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 11:53 PM
    Thank you! That did solve that issue I was having, but now I have another one that has arised..... when I go into the appstore and also the newly installed spotify app and I go to type, it brings up a virtual keyboard and won't let me type on my physical one. It hasn't done it since I downloaded that most recent app thing.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 04:09 PM
    I guess the correct term would have been arose.... oops.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 04:36 PM
    Did you reboot device after update? Try a reboot regardless...hold power button down for about 20 seconds until boot logo appears. This is the same as using the volume rockers to reboot.

Hopefully that clears up that glitch...if not you may need to reload OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 04:48 PM
    I have rebooted it and again... Even after the reboot, it still shows the virtual keyboard.
    03-09-16 06:29 PM
    Are you for certain on OS 2876 and if so how did you initially load the OS on to your PP?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 06:47 PM
    I'm not really sure on your question. I just got back onto the BlackBerry banwagon just a few weeks ago and bought this passport from blackberry website... I've done the updates to software, but I haven't done any other downloads other than apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 06:59 PM
    Maybe this helps. I think this is what you're asking?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 07:06 PM
    If you purchased directly from BlackBerry you will have been pushed the update for OS 2876.
    Couple of options...

First option is to selectively delete each android based app which you have installed on your device and reboot device prior to reinstalling each. This is a bit tedious but you won't need to back up data.
    The spotify app may have been corrupted with the runtime error in OS 2876 and if you delete it entirely and reinstall that MAY solve your problem.

Second option...You can reload OS 2876 using BB LINK on your PC. However, you will lose data with this so back up your contacts and calendar etc, remove any SD card if installed on device. The new reload of OS should not have the runtime error. Make sure to reboot PP after reload and prior to installing any apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-16 07:21 PM
    Okay. 1)For the first option of reinstalling each android based app. Is this just the apps that is showing the incorrect keyboard, or is this all of them? 2) how do i know if an ap i installed is android based? I have downloaded a number of apps and havent a clue if its android or not.
    03-15-16 09:57 PM
    Thats a good place to start...Try removing the problem apps. Hard reboot device after each removal and see if problem persists in remaining apps.

Every app you download from Amazon, Google play, Snap or any other APK source is an android app. BBM has some android ports also but they typically have been optimized and are generally less likely to cause problems.

As mentioned this could be a tedious process so it may simply be b easiest to hook phone up to your pc and use BLINK to reload the OS.
    If you choose to do that it may be a safe bet to reinstall the android runtime patch previously provided to you BEFORE installing ANY apps back to device.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 12:23 AM
    I reloaded the OS and it worked fine... thank you for your help!!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 11:54 PM