I own a Blackberry Key1/BBB-100-3. I am trying to set up "you got message" ringtones for inboxes and not contacts. I do have the you got message special ringtone download on my phone. It will attach to a contact but not the inbox. Is there a trick or step to this?

CS Gosdin
    12-22-19 06:36 PM
    I own a Blackberry Key1/BBB-100-3. I am trying to set up "you got message" ringtones for inboxes and not contacts. I do have the you got message special ringtone download on my phone. It will attach to a contact but not the inbox. Is there a trick or step to this?

CS Gosdin
    Put the tone in the folder marked Ringtones in your file manager, and it'll show as an option when you choose a ringer for any app.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-19 07:13 PM
    Put the tone in the folder marked Ringtones in your file manager, and it'll show as an option when you choose a ringer for any app.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe, the "Notifications" folder for general emails, text and other app notifications.
    12-22-19 07:51 PM
    Did the phone come with a file manager previously installed? If so, where is it
    01-30-20 02:04 PM
    Did the phone come with a file manager previously installed? If so, where is it
    Yes and no. It's part of the Settings/Storage options. But there is no user-facing icon to launch the app. You can download one from the Google Play Store if you don't wish to dig through the settings.
    01-30-20 02:22 PM
    There are a lot of file managers/explorers to filter through. Many are ad-filled. Some come with pop-up ads on the home screen.

I like the Asus File Manager, but the one on Google Play has ads, and is rather old.

Might be easier to just get Files by Google. Ignore the cleanup option, and use it just for file management.
    01-30-20 04:07 PM
    I downloaded a file manager from Google store into the Key 1. I hooked up my phone to desk computer, and had the computer, which is operating on a Windows 10 system, to find the file manager on my phone. which came up no location/file found. It shows up on the phone, but not on the computer. Also, I have downloaded some ringtones and were able to install these on my phone. I downloaded Patriotic tones from Google Play Store, but am unable to assign specific tones to specific persons. This being the situation, I have three questions:

1) Why when I did a search on the phone with my desktop computer, file manager did not appear during the search, even though it has been installed
    2) Can I download another file manager from the playstore and install it into the phone via usb cable
    3)Am I missing a step somewhere
    02-04-20 03:24 PM
    Why when I did a search on the phone with my desktop computer, file manager did not appear during the search, even though it has been installed
    The file manager you downloaded to your phone is for your phone. It wouldn't show up in a 'search' of your computer.

Can I download another file manager from the playstore and install it into the phone via usb cable
    Your computer is an unnecessary step here. Just download the ringtones you want to your device and move the files as needed with the file manager app.

Also, I have downloaded some ringtones and were able to install these on my phone. I downloaded Patriotic tones from Google Play Store, but am unable to assign specific tones to specific persons. This being the situation
    Often when you download ringtone apps, they don't allow you to set tones for specific persons with said app. The apps generally assume you want one ringtone for everything. You have to save the files they offer to the right ringtones folder, and then assign them individually manually.
    02-06-20 01:42 PM
    Where can I find them and download them?
    02-26-21 03:57 AM
    Where can I find them and download them?
    Google Play Store generally.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-21 08:15 AM