I have a BlackBerry Z10 10.2 OS how can I get rid of spam email?

Appreciate the help
    07-01-15 06:11 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Z10 10.2 OS how can I get rid of spam email?

Appreciate the help
    Check the spam/ junk mail settings on your computer. Once you have it properly synced there, your mobile will then mirror what you get in computer inbox.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    07-01-15 06:19 PM
    Check the spam/ junk mail settings on your computer. Once you have it properly synced there, your mobile will then mirror what you get in computer inbox.
    Yes, if you want to get rid of spam, set up your email service's barriers high. That's where you set up your defences.
    07-01-15 06:21 PM
    You can do it on your BlackBerry as well, when a junk email comes in, long press it (overflow menu) and click file to, and then to "junk" then anytime that sender sends an email it automatically goes to the junk mail folder

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 06:43 PM
    You can do it on your BlackBerry as well, when a junk email comes in, long press it (overflow menu) and click file to, and then to "junk" then anytime that sender sends an email it automatically goes to the junk mail folder
    All fine and dandy till the OP does a destructive update or has to have her device replaced. Setting her service properly is a more definite solution.
    07-01-15 06:45 PM
    All fine and dandy till the OP does a destructive update or has to have her device replaced. Setting her service properly is a more definite solution.
    Doesn't it sync through your email provider? So wouldn't it save even when you do a OS update and such?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 07:40 PM
    Doesn't it sync through your email provider? So wouldn't it save even when you do a OS update and such?
    Nope. That's BES territory you're heading in.
    07-01-15 08:36 PM
    I tried sending the spam mail mail to junk. I'm still getting it. My computer is dead! :-(

Appreciate the help
    07-03-15 11:17 PM
    Sign into your email accounts through your desktop and setup rules for spam. Since mail on BlackBerry 10 is imap, it will sync the rules. Thus helping you with spam.

Posted from Neverland!
    07-03-15 11:34 PM
    I tried sending the spam mail mail to junk. I'm still getting it. My computer is dead! :-(

Appreciate the help
    Use the browser in desktop mode

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    07-03-15 11:39 PM
    Sign into your email accounts through your desktop and setup rules for spam. Since mail on BlackBerry 10 is imap, it will sync the rules. Thus helping you with spam.
    Kenzo, I know you mean well but...

Like I said, that only really does anything if you have BES to back up the order and the email server to understand it should not deliver those anymore.

Use the browser in desktop mode
    Likely to be a slow and painful task setting filters on a Z10's screen, but since your PC is dead... Still sure to yield the best results.

I really like Gmail for spam filtering. Once done, it's very unlikely you'll ever see it hit the inbox again. Yahoo and Outlook.com are both lagging far behind onf this area.

Best of luck!
    07-04-15 12:49 PM
    Thanks for all the suggestions!

Appreciate the help
    diegonei likes this.
    07-26-15 10:49 PM
    You could download Spambox from BlackBerry world. Or, if your pc is dead and you want to change the email provider settings, simply navigate to their website with the browser on your BlackBerry and change the settings from there.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    07-27-15 02:03 AM