BlackBerry Passport.

I have finally converted (yet again) from Droid to Passport, as almost everyone agrees, the Hub is great. However I cant seem to get it to sort out my emails like Gmail does (primary, social & promotions) and get annoyed with useless advertisements. At the same time of course I dont want to miss out on important emails.

Surely there must be a way to get this sorted on BlackBerry's last own OS, right?

Kyle.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 05:33 AM
    BlackBerry Passport.

I have finally converted (yet again) from Droid to Passport, as almost everyone agrees, the Hub is great. However I cant seem to get it to sort out my emails like Gmail does (primary, social & promotions) and get annoyed with useless advertisements. At the same time of course I dont want to miss out on important emails.

Surely there must be a way to get this sorted on BlackBerry's last own OS, right?

Kyle.

Posted via CB10
    A couple of things.

1. Gmail is able to do those things as they read your emails.

2. Take some time to learn about the Priority Hub. Making Priority Hub work for you | CrackBerry.com With riority Hub, you control your emails, not Google.
    03-15-16 06:39 AM
    Those email Inbox categories Google uses are not part of the IMAP protocol, it is something they 'invented' and it is only available in Google products. It's the same thing with Folders ⇔ Labels. Google let's you assign more than one label, but on any IMAP connected program that leads to duplicates. If you rely heavily on reading your email through other products (Hub, Outlook, etc.) you are better off creating Folders and Filters yourself.

The Priority Inbox on BB10 is one way to do it, but you can also create such manual rules on the Gmail side as well.
    Unfortunately Google adds a lot of non-IMAP features to their mail service, so it becomes more and more difficult to avoid their own apps for the 'best experience'.

(I for one think their auto-categories are very unreliable, and it is a huge hassle to opt out of them.)

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    03-15-16 07:03 AM