There are so many settings on the Dtek50 that I don't know which ones are important and how to set them. Any hints would be appreciated!

1- What are app links and which should be open?
    2- How can I make the clock show on the lock screen?
    3- How do I get the lock screen message to show on the lock screen? It only shows briefly when I restart the phone.
    4- What is "draw over other apps" mean, and how should it be set?
    5- Under apps, what is "open by default"? Is that when you have 2 apps that do the same thing?
    6- In Google, what are "connected" apps?
    7- The white productivity bar is supposed to change position when you slide it up and down. It doesn't move. I can put it on the left or right and change the length, but not move it lower.

I'm sure I have more questions.
    Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm tired of guessing. CB is my go to place for info. You guys, and gals, are awesome!!
    01-31-17 07:29 AM
    There are so many settings on the Dtek50 that I don't know which ones are important and how to set them. Any hints would be appreciated!

4- What is "draw over other apps" mean, and how should it be set?
    5- Under apps, what is "open by default"? Is that when you have 2 apps that do the same thing?
    6- In Google, what are "connected" apps?

I'm sure I have more questions.
    Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm tired of guessing. CB is my go to place for info. You guys, and gals, are awesome!!
    4. "Draw over other apps" means that an app with this permission can function on top of another running app. A good example is Facebook Messenger. Notice how the chat heads are always present in whatever screen you are in or whatever app you are using.

5. Open by default means that the next time you open the same file type, it will automatically choose the app you set as default instead of asking you what app you wish to open the file with. When asked, you will see all apps that can open the file you try to open. Simply choose one so next time it will open right away.

6. Google connected apps are those apps that you permit to use with your google account. It means the app can read your google information and profile (such as email, full name, birthday, google+ profile, etc.)

I love zombies.
    01-31-17 09:37 AM