Hello all blackberry users I am frustrated with trying to get Snapchat to run on my BlackBerry z10 whoever else has this problem your not alone I know personally i love Snapchat it's how I keep in touch with all of my friends I tried to get the android version to work tried everything from patching up the app to using older versions to downloading Google play services and it's not working no matter how much I try there needs to be a native Snapchat application for blackberry 10 and it's not going to get made unless team Snapchat sees a demand for it we need to keep staying strong and not giving up... just because I have a blackberry doesn't mean I should be deprived of good things Snapchat being one of them! I believe there Is hope it worked for what's app it worked for Snapchat when people wanted it for Android ! Now us blackberry users need to get it and I know one day we will. Here is a link guys I encourage every one of you to write to Snapchat asking for a native blackberry application it worked for what's app it can work for Snapchat I know it can ! At this link you can tell them how you feel about not being able to have Snapchat on blackberry and if enough people show their input we will all be able to one day have Snapchat on our devices let's not give up!!! Let try our hardest guys. I hope we can make it happen!!!

Posted via CB10
    atjovic likes this.
    08-13-15 12:19 AM
    Aside from the fact you never included the link....your post count won't allow for it.. that link you're referring to has been around forever. People have filled it out many, many times. Snapchat simply doesn't care. Use Casper.io and move on.
    08-13-15 12:21 AM
    OP you will get snapchat for BlackBerry, if BlackBerry release android.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 ftw!!
    08-13-15 12:23 AM
    I would include link but I need ten post ugh lol

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 12:28 AM
    Me

Jorge
    08-13-15 12:32 AM
    08-13-15 12:39 AM
    Sorry, but not enough of us of the already shrinking BlackBerry community care enough about Snapchat.

Posted via CB10
    TJKGT likes this.
    08-13-15 12:59 AM
    OP you will get snapchat for BlackBerry, if BlackBerry release android.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 ftw!!
    Actually we won't, if blackberry comes up with an android device it'll probably be an "open android" device that doesn't support Google play services.

All the people saying that BB won't produce an android device because of the OHA seem to forget that android is open sourced, anybody can have android on their phone, but to have the Play store/G services you need to meet the OHA requirement and BlackBerry can't unless they get rid of the android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 01:09 AM
    Snapchat signs up 19,000 new users each day so I would guess that you need at least a thousand emails for them to notice anything.
    08-13-15 01:30 AM
    Snapchat signs up 19,000 new users each day so I would guess that you need at least a thousand emails for them to notice anything.
    I'm willing to bet that it would need way more than thousands.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 01:33 AM
    Exactly. Just get an android if Snapchat is what is needed, right?

Black is back, baby. Via my Z30
    08-13-15 04:38 AM
    Use the search button. It works. I've posted the link to the thread where you can get the app at least 4 times.
    Hint: cobalts landing page

Via Passport via CB10
    08-13-15 05:23 AM
    Actually we won't, if blackberry comes up with an android device it'll probably be an "open android" device that doesn't support Google play services.

All the people saying that BB won't produce an android device because of the OHA seem to forget that android is open sourced, anybody can have android on their phone, but to have the Play store/G services you need to meet the OHA requirement and BlackBerry can't unless they get rid of the android runtime.

Posted via CB10
    Fail to see how you can definitively say we won't, when we don't know yet how an Android BlackBerry will be.

Posted with my  Classic
    08-13-15 08:59 AM
    Use the search button. It works. I've posted the link to the thread where you can get the app at least 4 times.
    Hint: cobalts landing page

Via Passport via CB10
    OP was long-winded so you might have missed him saying he has tried patching it. I presume he has followed all required app downloads and steps. I have followed Cobalt method and Snapchat does not work for me.

Posted with my  Classic
    08-13-15 09:01 AM
    Oh no, I read it.

But there is 2 versions of it floating around. IIRC 9.3 and 9.11 or something like that.

Whatever the numbers, the lowest one works on my Passport.

Via Passport via CB10
    08-13-15 03:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    They already have that in BB10. The only reason for them to change is for the very reason that they want Google Play Services. Which is why they will have to go pure Android, and remove the Runtime from future BB10 phones, provided they even make new ones.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    LazyEvul likes this.
    08-13-15 03:27 PM
    They already have that in BB10. The only reason for them to change is for the very reason that they want Google Play Services. Which is why they will have to go pure Android, and remove the Runtime from future BB10 phones, provided they even make new ones.

They can "want" google play services as much as they want, they won't get it unless they get rid of the android runtime altogether. You can't get in the OHA with a forked android OS, if blackberry wants in, they need to get rid of the android runtime.

I'm not saying they won't, I'm just saying that it won't be easy...

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 02:41 AM
    Fail to see how you can definitively say we won't, when we don't know yet how an Android BlackBerry will be.

Posted with my  Classic
    Because the current snapchat app runs on BB10, we just can't sign in unless going through hoops because of the Google play services thing.

If blackberry releases an android phone, it'll most definitely be an android phone without they Google play store, which means it won't support Google play services, which means it won't run snapchat.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 02:45 AM
    They can "want" google play services as much as they want, they won't get it unless they get rid of the android runtime altogether. You can't get in the OHA with a forked android OS, if blackberry wants in, they need to get rid of the android runtime.

I'm not saying they won't, I'm just saying that it won't be easy...

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure what you're arguing about. I'm suggesting that BlackBerry WILL get rid of the Android Runtime on future "legacy" BB10 phones (if they even continue to make them at all) when they introduce the pure Android device.

This whole exercise is explicitly in order to bring Google Play Services to BlackBerry-branded devices.

08-15-15 08:17 AM
    I'm not sure what you're arguing about. I'm suggesting that BlackBerry WILL get rid of the Android Runtime on future "legacy" BB10 phones (if they even continue to make them at all) when they introduce the pure Android device.

This whole exercise is explicitly in order to bring Google Play Services to BlackBerry-branded devices.

You're right, I must of misread, the first time!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 12:29 AM